Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just joined the forum yesterday so I could learn a little more about the XC and the XCT as they have both caught my eye.
I currently ride a 2008 VTX1800 but I am looking for something with some wind protection and storage and I like what I see with Victory.
Sooooo....., today I went by the local dealer here which happened to have a demo trailer sitting in the parking lot. I told myself,"You are just here to look. Nothing more. Don't ride one.".........
Damn, that was a smooth riding bike!
Now I just have to figure out which to get and how to pay for it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
wecome LT.DAN, preey cool forum here, you will learn alot from these guys, all you have to do is ask and thay just jump in, wish i could help you with your choice but i am still learning myself, and having fun doing it, well off to the gazebo for a beer cheers

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
wecome LT.DAN, preey cool forum here, you will learn alot from these guys, all you have to do is ask and thay just jump in, wish i could help you with your choice but i am still learning myself, and having fun doing it, well off to the gazebo for a beer cheers
Dam, Schlep. While I admire your dedication and consistency, 5:33 seems early to be tossing them down.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Welcome to the forum Lt Dan. I own a 2010 XC in midnight cherry and its the sweetest bike I've ever had the pleasure to ride! Quick response, great handling, and IMHO the best lookin bike on the road! The only issue has been wind buffeting that apparently comes up from the wing shaped highway bars. As I understand it, this is not an issue with the XC tour model. I would suggest that you ride both if you haven't already. Enjoy! And by the way, I'm also in the upstate so if you're ever lookin for a wing man...

·
Registered
124 Posts
good to see some local boys on here, has looked like most everyone on here was from way out west, maybe we all might run into each other this year at bike week in myrtle and take a ride

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good group of guys here and lot's of valuable information.

I just HAVE to ask you guys (Albradburn &...Lt. Dan)...
Isn't North Carolina the "Up state"? And wouldn't South Carolina be the "lower State"? My brother lives in Charleston and it's odd that they NEVER use those terms. Why do folks from the Greenville/Spartenburg area seem to favor the "up state" term? Where (exactly) does the the upstate start?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was born and raised in SC. I'm from near the Florence area and we always referred to the Greenville/Spartanburg area as up state. Not really sure where the up state starts though.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I was born and raised in SC. I'm from near the Florence area and we always referred to the Greenville/Spartanburg area as up state. Not really sure where the up state starts though.
My wife is from Whiteville, NC which is about 30 minutes from Florence and 45 from Myrtle Beach, SC. She says they never used it there and she "has no clue" as to why some do nor where it would start.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I live in way up state now...Cincinnati, OH.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isn't North Carolina the "Up state"? And wouldn't South Carolina be the "lower State"? My brother lives in Charleston and it's odd that they NEVER use those terms. Why do folks from the Greenville/Spartenburg area seem to favor the "up state" term? Where (exactly) does the the upstate start?

Upstate or Upper state South Carolina "officially starts about 20 miles above Columbia. ;)

Ok, I made that up.
I have just always heard this area referred to that way.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Upstate or Upper state South Carolina "officially starts about 20 miles above Columbia. ;)

Ok, I made that up.
I have just always heard this area referred to that way.
LOL - No problem. I have also heard people use the term. Just never really understood it or it's delineations. Looking forward to meeting both the upstate and downstate guys one day...

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good group of guys here and lot's of valuable information.

I'm just a damn yankee but I've lived in SC for about twelve years. Folks hear divide the state between the coastal low country around Charleston and the up country mountain foothills around Greenville. Both (IMHO) damn nice places to ride! cheers

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I'm just a damn yankee but I've lived in SC for about twelve years. Folks hear divide the state between the coastal low country around Charleston and the up country mountain foothills around Greenville. Both (IMHO) damn nice places to ride! cheers
I HAVE heard of (& enjoyed) "low country boil" but always thought that included not only the Charleston area of SC but also Georgia as well but no matter. IT IS GOOOOODDD EATIN!!!

From Wikipedia...
"The origins of the Low Country Boil go farther back to the cuisine of the Gullah/Geechee peoples of the Sea Islands along the coasts of Georgia and South Carolina. ...Meals for large gatherings of people would have to be made as quickly as possible with readily-available foods. The boil was a quick and easy way to prepare all the foods at once."

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I HAVE heard of (& enjoyed) "low country boil" but always thought that included not only the Charleston area of SC but also Georgia as well but no matter. IT IS GOOOOODDD EATIN!!!

From Wikipedia...
"The origins of the Low Country Boil go farther back to the cuisine of the Gullah/Geechee peoples of the Sea Islands along the coasts of Georgia and South Carolina. ...Meals for large gatherings of people would have to be made as quickly as possible with readily-available foods. The boil was a quick and easy way to prepare all the foods at once."
Oh yazzz! Thems the words a fat man loves to hear. Gimme that good, down home suthen cookin evry time! :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome. I got a 2011 Cross Roads in December and so far i'm loving it. I plan on adding a rack and doing some minor cosmetic changes, but that's about it.

I was stationed at Shaw AFB in 1987. I enjoyed my time in SC.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't get the tour out of my mind. I have shown the guys at work some of the pictures on the Victory site including my boss who rides a Street Glide. He liked the looks of the bike and was impressed by the storage room.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

And get the XCT it's the best bike but I'm bias as I own one.

Cheers Kym

Sydney AUSTRALIA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome. I'm also new to the forum having purchased a XC in Dec. Liked the XCT but was offered a really great deal on an '11 XC Demo so took it. The XCT has a lot of really nice options so go for it. It'll be cheaper than adding them on later.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The XCT has a lot of really nice options so go for it. It'll be cheaper than adding them on later.

I did consider getting the XC and making it into a Tour simply because I really like the blue color. It's too bad they don't offer the same colors on both models.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts