Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introducing myself, per the instructions...

My name is Chris but they call me Tank. I live in south-central Wisconsin and just recently purchased a 07 Kingpin Tour. I own 4 other motorcycles, 5 if you include the motorized bicycle I built/customized/fabricated (looks like a 1920's motorcycle).

I have;
05' V Star 1100 Classic that is tricked out
94' Virago 750 (Wife rides it)
84' Goldwing Interstate GL1200 (fixing then flipping)
81' Yamaha 850 Special

I must say though that the Kingpin is quite remarkable, although it took a little getting used to the fuel-injection and the belt drive, coming from shaft-drive bikes and all. Nearly everything I have read about these bikes is positive. I was especially sold on the differences between HD motors and Vic motors.

I rode it on my ABATE regions poker run this weekend and got a little ribbing from the HD guys, more so than when I rode the V Star. They asked my why I didn't buy an HD? I responded "what is 63 minus 8?" they said 55, but what does that have to do with it? I said 55 is how many more gaskets and o-rings an HD has versus a Vic. Coupled with the Stator location, 2 more intakes per can, lack of push-rods and oil pressure difference (to state a few of many)

I'm not bashing HD, just stating facts. Many of my friends ride HD. I test rode several before I tried Victory. Glad I made the choice.

Hope to learn from this community, just planning on reading my way through the knowledge base first.

Respects,
Tank

"The most dangerous part on your motorcycle is the Nut that connects the seat to the handlebars"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome from sunny So-Cal. Kingpins are gorgeous bikes. Seeing a kingpin is what got me into Victories a few years ago. As far as your signature goes, make another post or 2 and you'll be able to edit your signature, you just won't be able to put a picture in it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Tank-
Nice to "meet" you. I'm from Belvidere and ride an "11 Vision (Crimson). My frequent riding buddy is on a '12 Cross County Tour (Sunset Red). When we need a good burger, we'll ride up to The Rock with one of those pesky HD guys. There's lots of good natured ribbing between us and the Harley boys, but I think it's because they feel threatened.
The Kingpin is my favorite Vic cruiser. What color is yours?
If you haven't already been there, we really like the service we get at Randy's Cycle in Marengo.
Hope to see you on the road!

·
Registered
102 Posts
hello from another cheesehead from the SE Wisconsin area.

You'll love the Kingpin. Out of the 5 Victory's I've owned it is still my personal favorite.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nearly everything I have read about these bikes is positive. I was especially sold on the differences between HD motors and Vic motors.

They asked me why I didn't buy an HD? I responded "what is 63 minus 8?" they said 55, but what does that have to do with it? I said 55 is how many more gaskets and o-rings an HD has versus a Vic. Coupled with the Stator location, 2 more intakes per can, lack of push-rods and oil pressure difference (to state a few of many)

Hope to learn from this community, just planning on reading my way through the knowledge base first.

Respects,
Tank
Tank, looks like you have a boatload of knowledge already based on your HD vs Victory comparison. I've ridden an '08 Kingpin Tour from new to 16,800 in the last three years. Enjoy your new ride! Hailing from the Land of Leinie's, Chippewa Falls, WI.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it looks like we may need a 'meet in the middle ride' for all the wisconsin people.

Also if any of you are facebook people there's this group to try and get fellow badgerland people together.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vogwisconsin/
I am up for that. Anywhere is fine for me, although my ABATE region meetings are at Stables in Orfordville and the food is pretty good, so I guess I might be biased. Thanks to all for the greetings. So far, the Kingpin blows my tricked out V Star away (I knew it would) but I still won't part with it or my 850 Special. Hell, I still wish I had my 78' KZ650. Anyone up for a ride? Just send me a message.

Respects,
Tank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts