Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your AMSOIL Factory Connection Dealer Group is your newest forum sponsor. Most of you are already familiar with our product line, especially our motorcycle products, and may already be using them in your bikes and other vehicles. The participating AMSOIL dealers making up this group are offering special discounts for forum members so if you decide to use AMSOIL products check with them before purchasing locally or on line as our prices are the same no matter where you live in the USA or Canada. We plan to occasionally contribute some generic technical information concerning lubricants and filtration when asked and hope to have a long-term forum relationship.

·
Registered
4 Posts
AMSOIL is great oil!

I used to work at the AMSOIL headquarters in Superior, WI. I have seen how they make the oil with my own eyes. I also know they are all committed to quality. I don't work there anymore but I only use AMSOIL in my vehicles. If you want to keep your performance cycle cool use AMSOIL. It brought down my cruising temps on my bike. Best oil made in my opinion!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to work at the AMSOIL headquarters in Superior, WI. I have seen how they make the oil with my own eyes. I also know they are all committed to quality. I don't work there anymore but I only use AMSOIL in my vehicles. If you want to keep your performance cycle cool use AMSOIL. It brought down my cruising temps on my bike. Best oil made in my opinion!
Thanks !

Don't know when you worked there but you should see the new facilities. I was there for the 30th Anniversary and the 35th Anniversary last year (2008) 2.3 Million Gallons of storage and they can load/unload 6 rail cars and 4 semi tankers inside the new facility.

Wondering who you are and if I may know you..

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Amsoil

I helped build our facilities at the Fleming building or we should call it the AMSOIL center or whatever. I wasn't there when they added the new tanks but I still talk to people from AMSOI almost every day. AMSOIL's employees are the best people I've ever worked with! I worked there for 3 years as a network administrator with Todd from 2002-2005 I think. Andy is my name. I know everyone from Al down to the accounting girls. Still the best oil ever. A bit expensive but worth it if your going to really use a performance machine!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I helped build our facilities at the Fleming building or we should call it the AMSOIL center or whatever. I wasn't there when they added the new tanks but I still talk to people from AMSOI almost every day. AMSOIL's employees are the best people I've ever worked with! I worked there for 3 years as a network administrator with Todd from 2002-2005 I think. Andy is my name. I know everyone from Al down to the accounting girls. Still the best oil ever. A bit expensive but worth it if your going to really use a performance machine!
Thanks Andy..

Great People, Great Products and a Great Company for sure..

Glad to meet you..

·
Registered
88 Posts
I get to the AMSOIL facility in Superior quite often, I work for the company that makes the boxes, and I drive the semi and deliver them.
Pretty sweet place, used to work for Como Lube, after being to AMSOIL, I see what a real lube company looks like!! I hear great things about the oil, and now that I have a nice bike, I think it might be time to buy some nice oil

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I get to the AMSOIL facility in Superior quite often, I work for the company that makes the boxes, and I drive the semi and deliver them.
Pretty sweet place, used to work for Como Lube, after being to AMSOIL, I see what a real lube company looks like!! I hear great things about the oil, and now that I have a nice bike, I think it might be time to buy some nice oil
Let me know! I can set your order for pickup at the warehouse in Superior at an UNBEATABLE Price !

The new 400,000 plus sq ft warehouse and manufacturing facility are awesome. 2.3 million gallon tank farm, state of the art manufacturing, can unload 6 rail tankers and 2 Semi's inside. Inside is important in Da North Land... LOL. They even can warm the tankers with steam. They have an onsite lab to test the Raw and finished products.

I had to miss out going there for training last month due to foot surgery.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

·
13,318 Posts
Great oil but the price is to high and you pay shipping. Just take a short drive to the store and save.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great oil but the price is to high and you pay shipping. Just take a short drive to the store and save.
Great idea ! Even though you are wrong.

That is the problem with many people, they can't see the forest for the trees.

A: We have forum member pricing.

B: When you drive to the store, you are paying the freight to get a product to the store and then spending gas and time to go get it. Not including the added benefits.

C: You get what you pay for and, if you compare in a cost per mile, AMSOIL is about the same or usually less than even agood petroleum oil.

What does 6 qts of Vic oil and a filter run ?

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
What does 6 qts of Vic oil and a filter run ?
Sixty bucks. What would it run with Amsoil?

I've heard people state that it is expensive but getting a "hard and firm" price seems to be elusive due to the marketing strategy (local dealers). I have BMW's and performance boats as well as my new Ness XC but have never used amsoil in any of them because I can't seem to get a "straight answer".

So, just to understand the cost on the Victory side, how much would it be for our bikes (including the Victory filter)? Feel free to provide life expectancies or whatever you need along with your price quote. Victory oil in my 2011 Cross Country is scheduled to be replaced every 5K miles (by the way). What should potential buyers expect to get out of the Amsoil product in at 2011 XC?

PS - I've heard that Amsoil owners could "send in samples of their WORN oil for evaluation". How do you do that and is there a charge for evaluating the oils condition at that time?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sixty bucks. What would it run with Amsoil?

I've heard people state that it is expensive but getting a "hard and firm" price seems to be elusive due to the marketing strategy (local dealers). I have BMW's and performance boats as well as my new Ness XC but have never used amsoil in any of them because I can't seem to get a "straight answer".

So, just to understand the cost on the Victory side, how much would it be for our bikes (including the Victory filter)? Feel free to provide life expectancies or whatever you need along with your price quote. Victory oil in my 2011 Cross Country is scheduled to be replaced every 5K miles (by the way). What should potential buyers expect to get out of the Amsoil product in at 2011 XC?

PS - I've heard that Amsoil owners could "send in samples of their WORN oil for evaluation". How do you do that and is there a charge for evaluating the oils condition at that time?
I don't play games with pricing. Unfortunately corporate policy will not allow me to post pricing in a public forum. Please email me [email protected] and I will gladly quote you or anyone else. You WILL get a straight answer from me! You can do with the pricing what you choose from there, I just can't as a Distributor.

As long as you use the AMSOIL filter, you can expect up to 2x the OEM change interval, up to one year. If you are in a location that requires storage, you can safely store on AMSOIL even though it has been run.

We do offer Oil Analysis which I have used on my bike to verify the interval. It also let me know that I had fuel issues and another problem due to copper in the oil.

The analysis costs about the same as using Blackstone except the lab we use includes vital TBN and the las is Accredited.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I don't play games with pricing. Unfortunately corporate policy will not allow me to post pricing in a public forum. Please email me [email protected] and I will gladly quote you or anyone else. You WILL get a straight answer from me! You can do with the pricing what you choose from there, I just can't as a Distributor.

As long as you use the AMSOIL filter, you can expect up to 2x the OEM change interval, up to one year. If you are in a location that requires storage, you can safely store on AMSOIL even though it has been run.

We do offer Oil Analysis which I have used on my bike to verify the interval. It also let me know that I had fuel issues and another problem due to copper in the oil.

The analysis costs about the same as using Blackstone except the lab we use includes vital TBN and the las is Accredited.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob
Thanks for the reply. Being new to riding, I don't know if I will ride 10K year or not (doubling the factory recommendations).

I've never heard of blackstone so don't know what they charge so still don't have a comparison.

I will PM you for the costs. Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the reply. Being new to riding, I don't know if I will ride 10K year or not (doubling the factory recommendations).

I've never heard of blackstone so don't know what they charge so still don't have a comparison.

I will PM you for the costs. Thanks
Analysis is about $26.00

You may not ride 10K per year but you still have cost savings if you have to store as you don't need to change AMSOIL before and after storage.

We also have a JASO MA oil that was our M/C oil for years which is a little less expensive. As matter of fact 6 qts of that and the EA filter are only about $3.00 more than the Vic package and it is still capable of the longer dain.

Regardless of which AMSOIL product you choose

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

·
13,318 Posts
Your not that cheap. Yes I have to drive to get my Amsoil. But I only pay $10.47 with 6.5 sales tax and am home all in a half hour and changed in another hour.
Your savings would be what?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your not that cheap. Yes I have to drive to get my Amsoil. But I only pay $10.47 with 6.5 sales tax and am home all in a half hour and changed in another hour.
Your savings would be what?
What is the product code you are using so we have an Apples-Apples comparison. I have over a half dozen oils that will go in the Vic.

It is on the back label by the UPC code.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Analysis is about $26.00

You may not ride 10K per year but you still have cost savings if you have to store as you don't need to change AMSOIL before and after storage.

We also have a JASO MA oil that was our M/C oil for years which is a little less expensive. As matter of fact 6 qts of that and the EA filter are only about $3.00 more than the Vic package and it is still capable of the longer dain.

Regardless of which AMSOIL product you choose

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob
Thanks for the info. I live in a state where there is no need to "store" a bike. Only snows here about once a year.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ADG,

I'm a dealer, too--I'm not trying to take your business, just giving my background. I have been using Amsoil in my vehicles for years: my wife's various cars, my PowerStroke, my previous bike (650 V Star), and plan on switching my Kingpin over as well. I don't use it because I sell it--I sell it because I believe in its quality, and that's why I use it.

I just wanted to get you opinion. Amsoil recommended MCF 10W-40 in my V Star, but I had heard of people running 20W-50, since Yamaha specifies 20W-40. I tried both (MCF and MCV), and really did not see any difference or detriment as far how the bike acted. I see Victory specifies 20W-40 too, and Amsoil recommends the 10W-40. What is your recommendation or experience? I could contact Amsoil Tech, but I rather find out from someone who has practical real-world experience, or has had first-hand feed-back.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
40 wgt is the recommended oil. The first number whether 10 or 20 is the Winter weight of the oil. The concern is operating temp viscosity, 40.

AMSOIL MCF 10W-40 Motorcycle specific and the AMSOIL EAOM-103 filter is the proper combination.

Oil, is the Lifeblood of your engine. The oil filter, is the Kidney that keeps it clean.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

1 - 20 of 114 Posts