Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Straight Synthetic

I am coming up on my first oil change for my 2013 XCT and would like to use AmsOil. I used it in my last bike and liked the results but a friend told me that I should not use a straight syn oil because the clutch would act up and give me problems.
I never had any issues with the Yamaha Venture and my friend can be a bit opinionated so I thought that I would check it out and see if his suggestion holds true. Also, with good syn oil (I like AmsOil) how many miles should a fellow go between oil changes?
Thanks for the help
Mike K

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
If you use AMSOIL 100% Synthetic Motorcycle oil, Product Code MCF, you will not have any clutch problems. Victory calls for a JASO MA rated oil and AMSOIL is Rated JASO MA2, the highest clutch Rating available.

As long as your engine is mechanically sound and unmodified including air filter, when using AMSOIL and the AMSOIL oil filter, you can expect double the change interval.

Contact me at [email protected] or call me at 1-877-356-6099 which is forwarded to my cell.

Bob

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
no clutch issues

there are many misinformed people out there, Amsoil is rated for motorcycle use even their synthetic premium 10-40 + 20-50 is Jaso MA rated, their motorcycle oils are JASO MA-MA2 rated. 20,000 on my traded Hardly sportster no issues. Redline recommends 2,000 breakin, thats when i put in my Hammer. easily go 5,000 miles with the high TBN of additives. more highway miles is easier on oil but the Vic tranny chews up fragile added polymers aka viscosity index improvers that are needed in dino oils. there are prolly still some in the 10-40 + less in the 20-50 but not nearly as many as in Dino oils. bought off our sponsor last year and will order soon again. Amsoil in bikes, truck, car, and other power equipment for me!

·
13,318 Posts
mkitchen
you say your coming up on your "first" oil change. Don't go to Amsiol till you get 25 hundred miles on your motor. You want your rings and valves seated in good before going to a synthetic

·
Registered
194 Posts
Valves don't need extra time to seat, that's what the valve job is for when the heads are assembled. As far as ring seating, this takes place in the first 500 miles or so. With today's machining processes rings don't take forever to seat. If the engine is run with varied throttle positions to allow for the engine to run with high manifold vacuum, this will help the rings to seal. If it is babied and idled a lot, it will take longer to seat the rings. That's why a new bike should be ridden on twisty country roads to make the rider vary the throttle and loads the engine sees. The key is to limit the amount of heat at the ring face/cylinder wall interface.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lots of good information, Thanks

I was not accurate enough, though. I am actually coming up on my second oil change as I had the shop do a 500 mile change initially. I will be doing my own from now on. I thought what was told to me might be questionable, regarding the clutch, and I am glad to hear that is so. I have a high regard for AmsOil and Wix filters and wanted to use both on my Victory. I didn't know that AmsOil made filters but is there a problem if I use Wix?

So it looks like it will be the 10-40 for me. We don't get over 100 here in the summer (at least not too often) in the Kingman area so I do not think that I need to run the 20-50. Sure do appreciate this forum as I am beyond new on these new fangled motorbikes.
Mikey

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
i mix

although not recommended by some i mix 10-40 + 20-50 Amsoil motorcycle oils @ 50% our temps in summer are similar. in my less powerful but less tech 1200 cc Hardly i mixed as well. i know the Vic engine removes heat quicker but 25% more power as well. thats my take. been using Amsoil twenty some years and its served me well!!

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Most of the bikes iv had includeing most recent, have gotten amzoil, good stuff...:)

·
13,318 Posts
Amsiol is in Super WI. just put in my 4 and 1/2 quarts.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Vision..

Forgive if I am wrong but, your posts seem to be trying to direct people away from AMSOIL DEALER GROUP (like cutting out the middle man).. If not, I apologize.

If so.. There is NO WAY to buy Direct from AMSOIL. All sales, even the state of Texas, North Carolina, VOLVO, whoever, no matter how big or small, go through a Dealer.

You cannot buy AMSOIL for less than through us (AMSOIL DEALER GROUP).

·
13,318 Posts
buy from where ever you like. I don't like the group cause your price is high and you charge for shipping.

·
Registered
194 Posts
buy from where ever you like. I don't like the group cause your price is high and you charge for shipping.
I just got a quote yesterday for oil and filters. The oil prices out to less than what I can buy the Amsoil locally and the filter is less than the Mobil 1 filter I have been using. All said and done, with shipping, the Amsoil package is the same price as what I can get the Victory kit for. I have three other vehicles that take the same filter, so I can stock up and save more.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
You can't buy AMSOIL cheaper than cost and I sell it at cost. You can't beat my prices but, you can equal them if you PAY to be a Preferred Customer.. Of course, you have to pay to get the discount where with me, you just call up.

5 qts MCF and 1 EA15K13 filter for $65.65

Tell us what you can buy it for BY PRODUCT CODE delivered to your door.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I just got a quote yesterday for oil and filters. The oil prices out to less than what I can buy the Amsoil locally and the filter is less than the Mobil 1 filter I have been using. All said and done, with shipping, the Amsoil package is the same price as what I can get the Victory kit for. I have three other vehicles that take the same filter, so I can stock up and save more.
As the quantity goes up, the price comes down.. If you can, buy by the case.. without looking, you save like 45 cents per qt.

·
13,318 Posts
Can go to fleet farm and buy it for the same price or less and have it in the bike the same day.
Heck if you do some checking on the net you'll find three or four guys just a few miles away from you and they will sell you as same price less shipping and will even meet you half way if your far a part.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Can go to fleet farm and buy it for the same price or less and have it in the bike the same day.
Heck if you do some checking on the net you'll find three or four guys just a few miles away from you and they will sell you as same price less shipping and will even meet you half way if your far a part.
Doubt it but, you do your thing... Fleet and Farm pays the same thing I do which is what I sell to you for.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts