Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my 07 Vgas 8 Ball for a CR Classic LE. I had the 2" pullbacks with comfort grips and bar end weights installed. Dealer installed D&D exhaust inserts only. No hi flow filter or S1 map. Very happy with bike except for a pop now & again on decel. Wondering which route I should go to eliminate occasional pop.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Congrats and welcome! The CR is more commonly referred to as an XR with the X being short for Cross.

Victory's pop a bit. Some more than others. Lloydz makes an Idle Air Valve that can help with the popping though. It's not difficult to install and what it does is prevent the system from sucking too much air it at low rpms. The Victory EFI system is somewhat lacking but still works well enough.

http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000078

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Traded my 07 Vgas 8 Ball for a CR Classic LE. I had the 2" pullbacks with comfort grips and bar end weights installed. Dealer installed D&D exhaust inserts only. No hi flow filter or S1 map. Very happy with bike except for a pop now & again on decel. Wondering which route I should go to eliminate occasional pop.
Congrats on the new scoot!

+1 on Bbob's advice in the previous post.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Welcome from tn I belieave you will like the xr

·
Registered
144 Posts
CrossRoads

Congratulations and Hello from Indiana.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats and welcome! The CR is more commonly referred to as an XR with the X being short for Cross.

Victory's pop a bit. Some more than others. Lloydz makes an Idle Air Valve that can help with the popping though. It's not difficult to install and what it does is prevent the system from sucking too much air it at low rpms. The Victory EFI system is somewhat lacking but still works well enough.

http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000078
Thanks. After a bit of research the Loyds Idle Air Valve looks to me to be my best remedie while leaving the 2012 XR Classic LE stock except for the D&D exhaust inserts.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride.... And welcome to the forum....if you do something to the exhaust half of the motor, to make the expelled air flow more freely, ya gotta do something to the front end to compensate for that....a flash for stage 1 and a different, less restrictive air filter for example......

·
Registered
436 Posts
Congrats on the new XR - you made a great decision. The XR is clearly the best Vic available, ask anyone.......:D

Over 30,000 miles now with no problems.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Get the remap- stage 1

Well worth the remap. If you get a slight surge at a steady crusing speed on the freeway say at 75mph, then it is more than likely toooo lean just like on carburated bikes. The thing about the older bikes that ran carbs is you could partially put the choke(enrichment valve) on and if it ran better,smoother more power you new it was running toooo lean. On the newer ones if you got different pipes or more open exhaust and you think it is to lean if you wanted to go to the trouble you could restrict the exhaust flow again possibly. If you reinstalled said stock exhaust and it runs better you know for sure it was too lean with the mod exhaust. The other option is again more work is to make sometype of restrictor for the aftermarket mufflers. Again if it runs better with the restricted exhaust it is running to lean. Get the remap, much easier thumb up. It should run better.---Oh yes before you swap mufflers or restrict the aftermarket mufflers one much easier thing to do,way less work. Just disconnect the o2 sensors, if the bike runs better it was/is running toooo lean.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well worth the remap. If you get a slight surge at a steady crusing speed on the freeway say at 75mph, then it is more than likely toooo lean just like on carburated bikes. The thing about the older bikes that ran carbs is you could partially put the choke(enrichment valve) on and if it ran better,smoother more power you new it was running toooo lean. On the newer ones if you got different pipes or more open exhaust and you think it is to lean if you wanted to go to the trouble you could restrict the exhaust flow again possibly. If you reinstalled said stock exhaust and it runs better you know for sure it was too lean with the mod exhaust. The other option is again more work is to make sometype of restrictor for the aftermarket mufflers. Again if it runs better with the restricted exhaust it is running to lean. Get the remap, much easier thumb up. It should run better.---Oh yes before you swap mufflers or restrict the aftermarket mufflers one much easier thing to do,way less work. Just disconnect the o2 sensors, if the bike runs better it was/is running toooo lean.
I spoke to Leonard a Tech over at D&D and he says their exhaust are designed to be installed with Stage 1 map and if you add air you need to get Stage 2. Does any one have a Stage 1 or Stage 2 set up with D&D's?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have the D & Ds. Kept the stock filter and disconnected the 02 sensors - have no problems with pops and runs great. By far the best ride I've ever had. I'm taking off on it very shortly for a "ride around the block"......53 miles cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the D & Ds. Kept the stock filter and disconnected the 02 sensors - have no problems with pops and runs great. By far the best ride I've ever had. I'm taking off on it very shortly for a "ride around the block"......53 miles cheers
Do you have the Stage 1 map?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts