Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just recently purchased a 2005 Vic Kingpin. Found a deal in Arizona. I'm bringing her back to frozen Alberta in a couple months. I'm looking forward to learning and cruising that beautiful Cali coastline on my way back home.

Cheers,

J

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Remember, pictures or it didn't happen :D :D

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Welcome. Where are you going to join the CA coast at? Been there, done that a lot and can give you tips for eats, stays and roads. Do not pass up the Oregon coast, at least up to Yachats--pronounced Ya-hots.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Hello everyone, I just recently purchased a 2005 Vic Kingpin. Found a deal in Arizona. I'm bringing her back to frozen Alberta in a couple months. I'm looking forward to learning and cruising that beautiful Cali coastline on my way back home.

Cheers,

J
Congrats on the 'pin and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I tried to post the pic of Ol' Blue but it was must too large, waiting to be home and out of work before I can post a better one.

The bike is in Lake Havasu right now so I think i'll head straight west as soon as I can, do some desert riding first then the coast. Plans are up in the air, the experinced family members that I will be riding with will know more but any advice and hot spots would be helpful.

·
Registered
636 Posts

Cheers,

J
Make sure you bring your cert of title and check with the American side before you try to bring it across the border.....You will have to pay your extortion tax and RIV fee eventually.... GST at the border of course... I had one of those.. loved it...

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
She looks to be super clean. How many miles on her?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jay.
If you ride that Pacific Coast Highway it will take forever. It is a beautiful ride but you go through every small town along the way and never do get going before it is time to slow down for the next little town. I used to ride it when I lived in California and now that my daughter lives in Oregon I have ridden another section. If you find even a 5 mile section with no town on it and a 55 MPH speed limit you are doing very well.

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Oldman47...where in Oregon is you daughter living?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help everyone, I still haven't figured out all the details. I'm not sure if i'm going to take my trip through Nevada for some desert riding then head west. I don't plan on storming along the coast, I have more than a week of time to get back home.

The bike has 850 miles on it. Guy never rode it, and had currently upgraded to a vision.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome aboard!! cheerscheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts