Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered for this forum and wanted to say hello to the folks here. I'm a former Goldwing Rider who has just ordered a '12 XCT in White. Should be here in a couple of weeks...hopefully sooner!! It took one short test ride of about 20 miles to get me hooked on Victory Motorcycles. What a bike!! thumb up I'm anxiously waiting for my new Cross Country Tour to arrive and get out on these great South Dakota roads. I'm only 20 minutes from the Black Hills and some of the best riding one can hope to imagine. Hope to meet and greet some of my fellow Victory riders out here for the Sturgis Rally in August, or any other time of the year for that matter. :D Until then guys 'n' gals, ride safely and ride often. ;)

Winston

·
12,970 Posts
I feel sorry for you.
Getting up on a bright sunny day with coffee in one hand and you mind trying to decide what road to ride today. You pour guy. Gee you have some of the prettiest roads and country side I have ever seen.
I have wanted to live out there for many years. The draw back I see is if you had to take a canyon road to work every day you just might be kidnapped by the hwy gods and off you go to some beautiful spot.
You are one lucky guy a great bike to ride and beautiful country God blessed you for sure. thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel sorry for you.
Getting up on a bright sunny day with coffee in one hand and you mind trying to decide what road to ride today. You pour guy. Gee you have some of the prettiest roads and country side I have ever seen.
I have wanted to live out there for many years. The draw back I see is if you had to take a canyon road to work every day you just might be kidnapped by the hwy gods and off you go to some beautiful spot.
You are one lucky guy a great bike to ride and beautiful country God blessed you for sure. thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up
You are right Johnny. It is a great spot to live and yes, God has truly blessed me with a great family, a new place here in SD, an awesome new bike (still waiting for it to get here from Wyoming) and some great roads to ride. One more thing I can thank the good Lord for is my good health and ability to enjoy my retirement years out here. Come visit and we'll ride some of the great roads and talk about whatever comes up. Ride safe and often.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome, I am a GL1800 convert as well. Actually will be a convert on Tuesday when I trade it on my 12 Red XCT. I hope you enjoy your new ride as much as i hope I enjoy mine.

Curious how many GL1800 converts there are? may have to start that thread....lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, I am a GL1800 convert as well. Actually will be a convert on Tuesday when I trade it on my 12 Red XCT. I hope you enjoy your new ride as much as i hope I enjoy mine.

Curious how many GL1800 converts there are? may have to start that thread....lol
You are so right. There are quite a few GL1800 converts riding Vics now. I can only say how impressed I am with the bike. My test ride was an eye opener. I can honestly say the ride was as good or even better than my Wings. The windshield works as advertised too. Running 75 mph there was no hint of wind pushing me around in the cockpit. i really can't say that about my Wing's shield. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed both my Goldwings, but after my extra-long test ride, I'm sure the change will be definitely for the better. Congrats on your new bike. I'm sure we both made the right decision. thumb up

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Welcome from Northern Utah.....and enjoy the new CCT.....and yes being retired and living in an area where there are beautiful rides in any direction is a huge plus!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from Northern Utah.....and enjoy the new CCT.....and yes being retired and living in an area where there are beautiful rides in any direction is a huge plus!
Thanks Raybob; you got it!! And at my age, I have to take full advantage of what I've got. thumb upthumb up ;);)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts