Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I just opened this account here because I am interested in buying a Victory motorcycle. I was hoping to do some searching and get some input. I am currently looking to purchase a new bike and I am looking at the Kingpin Tour. I am currently riding a V-4 Magna which I love but it is too small to comfortably carry me and the wife. I guess I was hoping to get some input; I am looking at a few bikes, my favorite two I have looked at/ridden so far are the HD Road Glide and Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe, but both are absolutely huge (which really isn't a problem) and I like the looks of the Victory better. I guess I am looking to find out a few things;

How reliable the Victory bikes are
If they have a high maintenance cost
How readily available aftermarket/custom parts are

and........

I hope I don't irritate people (It's just an honest question)

Why they seem to lose value like metric bikes do when compared to HD which seems to hold higher value (from what I've read the Victory seems to be technically superior).

I have never owned an HD, always owned japanese bikes, so what can I expect if I were to buy a Victory?

·
Registered
301 Posts
your choice

hi man
i have a kp tour and love it & it is very tough and smouth low maintance my wife is comterble on rear. i looked all around for 3 weeks every day at bikes hd, honda,kz,vic, suz,& more .
I CAME BACK TO GOLDWING & VICTORY, hd was over priced for the bike in my oppenion to much vib, and maint, star is nice but dont like the sound, honda was my second pic its great, when i fired up the vic, kp with stage one pipes i said ILL TAKE IT right thin. man all folks has there choice to make so take your time just ride anything you wont even a scooter and be proud.dont worry about some folks that say if you dont ride there bike you aint ****.
ride safe r
ronald

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looking,
My dad owns a kingpin and loves it. It gives one of the better rides in the the Victory line up in my opinion. I have a Vegas and as much as I hate to admit it, his bike is much smoother. I really find it hard to believe that you would be disappointed if you bought one. As far as the resale value, I do think think that Victory's hold there own but will admit that Harley has us beat in that category. Reliablity wise.....besides oil and tires between the two of us, only some minor maintenance issues. None really to speak of for my bike(feel free to check out the Vegas 8 ball thread for a detailed look at my ownership) and just a throttle body cleaning for my dad's bike. Aftermarket parts..... there out there but Victory is missing the boat in my opinion. It's nothing like harley's aftermarket choices which is endless. I would bet that if you test drove one you will buy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts