Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My name is David Shelleny, and I work for Victory in our digital media, marketing and social media. If you have been on our Facebook page, or seen our videos, that is what I do.

One of the best parts of my job is getting to know riders in real life and in the forums. I hope to share some of the cool things I get to experience from the inside at Victory, and look forward to interacting with you all.

Sincerely,

David Shelleny
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Good to see you here! I hope you can make as much impact here as you do on Facebook and the other Victory forum you frequent.

·
Registered
25 Posts
welcome David, so maybe you could give some idea of what to expect with the Victory and Indian merger???? Any ideas???

Spug
04 KP

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spug, the Indian and Victory brands are very distinct, and the plan for Polaris is to keep them separate. We have great things in the works for both of them.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Welcome from Fargo, ND

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
David I believe I seen you in one of Victory videos,may be wrong. Plan on getting a Victory one day. I have rode a few and I was impressed. I really did not think I would like them,but now I got the itch for a new bike. That's what I get for test riding them at the demos. I have a Triumph currenty, good bike. It is payed for,yes! But I really like the power and the smoothness of the new Victorys. They are quite a bit heavier than my Triumph,but very well balance and easy to handle. Welcome to the site.:)

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Welcome aboard David,
From Corpus Christi, TX cheers

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Diamondrmp, I think a Lexus/Toyota comparison is a little linear, as you can tell that a Lexus is a form of a Toyota when you see it. Both Indian and Victory have their own distinct styles that we are planning on preserving. We want to apply our engineering expertise to strengthen the Indian motorcycle, not convert it to a version of a Victory (or as some enthusiasts have called a "Victorian".)

Speedblue, thanks. We always tell people to ride one, and you'll understand. We are glad you did! You may have seen me in the PQV ride video I shot last year.

Randy, Memphis2k and simpletruth, thanks for the welcome.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Ok I see.

Since it will be its own distinct brand. I'm assuming dealers won't be required to sell Indian?

Don't get me wrong, I'm just curious how things are going to unfold. I'm not trying to debate or flame at all. I love my Jackpot!

We started an Indian forum here and I'm sure the Indian faithful would like to know anything, if at all possible.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi David,

It’s good to see a manufacturer (Especially a US one) reach out to their customer base, both existing and potential ones.

I almost picked up a RMK pro last year from one of your fine dealers in MT. Heard nothing but rave reviews on that sled. Looks like Kurt will have to settle for servicing my JP for the time being.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi David,

It’s good to see a manufacturer (Especially a US one) reach out to their customer base, both existing and potential ones.
This is why I feel this will take one of the best motorcycles being built today(the Best IMHO) and pull even further from the competition. They've really done their research and it shows in the product. I have been through so many motorcycle it's not even funny, way more than listed in my signature and the Cross Country has stopped my out of control purchashing of motorcycles dead in its tracks. This bikes performs, funtions and is more comfortable than any bike I've had and is a direct result of the Victorys guy like David doing there jobs. I want to thank David and crew for making my life so much more enjoyable on a motorcycle. Oh yea and Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is good news. I am anxious to see what the Indian will become under the new owner. I suffer from this affliction, I love motorcycles - all kinds. If I had the money I would own as many as I could find a place to park. I currently own a KP which I really like and a 1980 iron head which I am getting up to ride once in a while. Life is good ain't it

Spug 04KP
80 ironhead in the works

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey Dave
Welcome to the forum!
Just want to let you know that I think my motorcycle is THE BEST!
I will buy another Victory at some time in the future, but I will not be giving up my KP.
Like I said, it is THE BEST motorcycle.
You can tell the guys that you know at Victory I said so.
Keep up the good work ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I too now, after 1 full week with my newly purchased 99 V92, my next bike will for sure be a Victory

1 - 20 of 33 Posts