Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been on here for a couple of months, but this is my first post. I currently ride an M109R but looking at an XCT for a second bike. I want the XCT for my wife and I to take longer, weekend trips. I'm looking at the XCT over the XC mainly because it is the only way I can get black and chrome. The trunk should come in handy when the wife is with me. (can never have enough storage for that! :grin ) I'll probably pull the trunk off when I'm riding solo tho.

I've been test riding several touring bikes. I've ruled out everything I've ridden so far. They are all either uncomfortable, don't fit me, or are complete dogs in the performance department.

I haven't gotten a test ride on a XC or XCT yet, but the XCT at my local dealership fits me and seems very comfortable in stock form. I can't believe how much leg room there is with those floorboards! I have an out of state friend who has an XCT and has done the Lloyds cams, timing wheel, intake, D&D slip on exhaust, programmer, and a dyno tune. He is a former M109R rider and said his XCT will hang with an M109R. I'm planning to follow his lead with the performance mods.

Hopefully, I won't get too carried away with the mods the way I did with my M109R! Here is a picture of it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know why this seems to be the only thread I can post in? Every other thread says I do not have permission to post???

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
If you get that Victory, your M109R will collect dust. Might as well use it for trading stock. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you get that Victory, your M109R will collect dust. Might as well use it for trading stock. :)
That will never happen!!! While the XCT will probably see more miles due to longer trips, it won't get the attention my 9 does. I don't see myself ever selling my 9.

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
That will never happen!!! While the XCT will probably see more miles due to longer trips, it won't get the attention my 9 does. I don't see myself ever selling my 9.
Three words to use very sparingly, if ever: never, always and ever.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Three words to use very sparingly, if ever: never, always and ever.
I can say with certainty that it will never be used for "trading stock". I have about 1.5 times what I paid for it brand new in mods and I did the entire build myself. I would pass it on to one of my sons or if worst came to worst, I would part it out.

·
Registered
530 Posts
stunning 109. i have seen a couple locally and that is bar-none the best i have seen.. absolutely gorgeous!!

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
can we have more pix different angles, the bloke in the next workshop to me got an M109, looks nuthin' like yours but!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stunning 109. i have seen a couple locally and that is bar-none the best i have seen.. absolutely gorgeous!!
Thanks! thumb up

Noticed you are Navy. Hospital Corpsman 91-95 here.

Not the best video, but here is a walk around and a demo of the remote controlled air ride at the end. I still had air in the rebound side so it didn't go up as fast as it normally does.

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
You must have spent $150 on modding that bike. :)

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
So... do you spend your days insulting all the new guys or am I some how special in your eyes? :puke:
You took as an insult what I proffered in humor? How touchy can a guy get. Did you go to your safe place Posie? Dammit man, get yourself some thicker skin. Sheesh!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You took as an insult what I proffered in humor? How touchy can a guy get. Did you go to your safe place Posie? Dammit man, get yourself some thicker skin. Sheesh!
Hmm... Am I the only one that doesn't understand your sense of humor? Maybe you can explain the humor in that post for me. Please? Come on... I hate it when I don't get the joke.

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
My guess Posie, is you are younger than 50 years. It was somewhere in the mid 60s that they stopped teaching humor in the schools, along with civics, history and economics and you are a product of that. So I'm gonna let you squirm and hate some more. Tee Hee.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts