Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm obviously new to the forum and I've had my eye on a new bike for some time. I'm a former Harley owner and have really gotten interested in Victory motorcycles. I felt this would be a good place to check them out and see what's out there.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forum! Which Vic model are you eyeballing?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Welcome from Tulsa!

Skin

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
. I'm still trying to decide that. I'd like something with bags like the Cross Country but the High Ball looks pretty amazing. Still on the fence which one I want to go after.
Crossroads if you want bags but no fairing :smile

Skin

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I actually wouldn't mind having a fairing. I like the idea of having some music and anything to cut some of the wind is pretty good too.
Cross Country or Magnum would suit you just fine...or go ahead and get the "old man" bike like I did with the Cross Country Tour :ltr:

Skin

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Best bet is to ride both and figure out what you want out of a bike. If you only want to ride short trips and don't get stuck picking $h!t up on your way home the highball would be fun. If you want to do trips or will probably get stuck hauling $h!t the Cross Country would be a better option.

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts
Buy them both!:smile

·
13,172 Posts
Not knowing where you live or where you like to ride. Having a cross country means you can ride to sturgis in comfort or to the tail of the dragon. Take the girlfriend and go for a over nighter some place.
Yes you can do it with a high ball but where you going to pack your stuff and will you be able to take all you want. Yes with high ball your going to get beat up a lot by the wind. Someday not far away you'll understand what I mean.
Bob Seger sounds great going down the road

·
Registered
426 Posts
A lot of us came from Harley, some still have both. I liked my Fat Boy and Road King, but my Kingpin with the 106 is better handling and more comfortable. Just finished over 2k on it, stock seat and no issue doing 500 miles a day on it.

Plus beefed up nicely it's hard to touch. And hard to catch! Got aftermarket bags I can pull and put on fast. Tie a duffel on and good for couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts
A lot of us came from Harley, some still have both. I liked my Fat Boy and Road King, but my Kingpin with the 106 is better handling and more comfortable. Just finished over 2k on it, stock seat and no issue doing 500 miles a day on it.

Plus beefed up nicely it's hard to touch. And hard to catch! Got aftermarket bags I can pull and put on fast. Tie a duffel on and good for couple weeks.
Same here, except I didn't come from Harley
I took the Quantum leap and bypassed HD totally.

My Vegas covers all the bases,
from day trips to dragraces,
Can tour with on-off bags, heading north next week for a four day trip to race at a track 7 hours north of here.
We travel light, for me my saddlebags are a luxury.
Staying 2 nights in a motel.
First holiday for a while.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts