Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, you can call me Tidife(not sure why the user name is lower case).

Anyways I just bought a 2014 Victory Jackpot. I'm the third owner of the bike. First owner gave it back to the dealership at 1000 miles, and I just bought it from the second owner just under 4000 miles. I'm super excited to start riding the bike. I've wanted a victory for the last 6 years dude m since I started running but the budget wasn't there (I didn't want to take a loan on a motorcycle) until recently so I've been riding Kawasaki Vulcans for the last 6 years.

I'm near Austin Texas, but new to the area. Luckily I've been told that I can ride most of year here! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and learn from the wealth of knowledge on here.

Cheers,
Tidife

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tidife from Elmvale ON Canada....nice looking ride you will love the wealth of knowledge and humor available here...

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
You did good. Nice looking JP. My first Vic was a JP but much plainer looking. It did have the same wheels though and I use to get a lot of compliments on them. The Harley guys I rode with at the time felt they had to say something nice and that's all they could think of.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's a mean scoot. Running o.k.? Just in case, start looking for a Victory mechanic near you. They're hard to find. None of the former dealers here will work on mine because of the mods and CARB (California Air Resources Board).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I called my local dealer (they dropped victory off their signs) but they said they would be more than happy to work on it and are familiar with them. I'm probably going to take it in this week for a quick oil and break fluid change and a once over for the rest of the bike since it's new to me.

Any other maintenance items I should get looked at besides the brakes and oil? Previous owner said he kept everything up to date but I wouldn't want to bet my life on it.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I called my local dealer (they dropped victory off their signs) but they said they would be more than happy to work on it and are familiar with them. I'm probably going to take it in this week for a quick oil and break fluid change and a once over for the rest of the bike since it's new to me.

Any other maintenance items I should get looked at besides the brakes and oil? Previous owner said he kept everything up to date but I wouldn't want to bet my life on it.
Well tyre pressures are an obvious one you can check...4000 miles, hardly broken in!
Good Score!

·
13,177 Posts
Welcome
ask if they can get any accessories still. If you didn't get owners book ask if they can get you one. If you don't know how to check the oil on your new bike ask then to show you how. Its just not unscrewing dip stick to find out

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Welcome from Florida! I hope you enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
Howdy!

We have a Hill Country ride coming up in March. Most of us will be getting to Kerrville on Wednesday the 28th meeting at the Super 8 at noon. We'll get checked in and then grab a bite. Then Thursday thru Saturday or Sunday will ride the area, see some sights, hit some shops, and grab some chow.

If your interested let me know and I can get you any other information you need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, you can call me Tidife(not sure why the user name is lower case).

Anyways I just bought a 2014 Victory Jackpot. I'm the third owner of the bike. First owner gave it back to the dealership at 1000 miles, and I just bought it from the second owner just under 4000 miles. I'm super excited to start riding the bike. I've wanted a victory for the last 6 years dude m since I started running but the budget wasn't there (I didn't want to take a loan on a motorcycle) until recently so I've been riding Kawasaki Vulcans for the last 6 years.

I'm near Austin Texas, but new to the area. Luckily I've been told that I can ride most of year here! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and learn from the wealth of knowledge on here.

Cheers,
Tidife
Welcome mate, i am new also on my 2015 highball.....

Stay upright.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts