Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current 04 Honda Shadow rider in MA looking to get my first Victory (Vegas or Jackpot) and am looking for some advice before I buy

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Hi neighbor, what do you want to know?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Greetings from Tulsa, OK

Skin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m looking at a few Vegas/Jackpots in my area that are pretty much all 06-08, under 20k mi and are between $6-8k. Trying to get an idea if those are reasonable prices for those years and mileage. Also I wanna know if there are any issues with those models that I should be on the lookout for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
A Victory with the Freedom 100/106ci and under 20k miles is a baby ;)...If its been decently cared for the bike should be just about settled in and ready for MANY more miles. In my a opinion, around $6k seems reasonable .Going above that price might be stretching it(not that I agree, but Victory price values went in the shitter when Polaris closed the company :mad: ). Anyway, its hard to say what a particular bike is worth to you...If its solid, a bike you love and ride to death, then it might be worth a few extra bucks up front. I'm not up 100% up on the models you're looking at but I don't think there's anything to look out for other than the usual on any used bike purchase.
I believe from 06 all model Freedom 100\106 bikes had the 6 speed transmissions. Are you buying from a dealer or are private seller?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Current 04 Honda Shadow rider in MA looking to get my first Victory (Vegas or Jackpot) and am looking for some advice before I buy
Welcome to the forum Chris.....

you'll get lots of help here...enjoy the ride when you get it...

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
207 Posts
I’m looking at a few Vegas/Jackpots in my area that are pretty much all 06-08, under 20k mi and are between $6-8k. Trying to get an idea if those are reasonable prices for those years and mileage. Also I wanna know if there are any issues with those models that I should be on the lookout for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Prices are really quite all over the place. I would go on cycletrader on check the prices there for reference. They sound a bit on the high side but as stated is it worth it to you. I just sold a 04 Kingpin with 44k which looked like new for $2800 I thought I should have held out for more, but then again I had a buyer and another bike already in the garage. I just purchased that bike, 2011 Kingpin for $5800, 4800 mi. off Ebay as the guy had to sell.
I would at least check the tires for wear as if they are not next to new that's at least $250 right there, Negotiate, I'd bet there are not too many buyers out there. Find out if they have aftermarket exhaust, air intake, and a fuel controller as these are the usual things that seem to get added right off.Those three could be easily $1300 or more depending on what you want.
Things to watch out for ....extreme POWER!:grin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buying from a dealer. The 2 I'm most interested in are an 06 C Ness Jackpot w/21k mi for $7500 and an 07 Vegas w/16k mi for $7000. I'm going to go for a test ride either tomorrow or Sat to see which one rides better/condition and then go from there, just trying to get an idea of how hard I should be haggling over the price without being unreasonable

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Buying from a dealer. The 2 I'm most interested in are an 06 C Ness Jackpot w/21k mi for $7500 and an 07 Vegas w/16k mi for $7000. I'm going to go for a test ride either tomorrow or Sat to see which one rides better/condition and then go from there, just trying to get an idea of how hard I should be haggling over the price without being unreasonable
You have |----------------------------|A LOT|------------------------------------| of haggling room ... ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update! So I pulled the trigger on an '12 Vegas with 17K mi for $6k. Comes with bags, luggage rack, highway bars and batwing. I'm picking it up tomorrow. I got it from a dealership in NJ, which is going to be fun as I live just north of Boston MA, so I get a nice long ride home. Anything in particular I should be on the lookout for, as this will be the first time seeing it in person? The dealership I got it from is pretty respectable and has really good reviews, so after talking to the sales guy I feel pretty good, I explained I'd be riding it home and he assured me it was running really good, brakes and tires were solid, and that he'd have it double checked before I got there just in case. He also said if I got there and wasn't comfortable with anything or I could back out no problem, just want to know if there is anything I should be looking out for on the newer models

·
Registered
602 Posts
Update! So I pulled the trigger on an '12 Vegas with 17K mi for $6k. Comes with bags, luggage rack, highway bars and batwing. I'm picking it up tomorrow. I got it from a dealership in NJ, which is going to be fun as I live just north of Boston MA, so I get a nice long ride home. Anything in particular I should be on the lookout for, as this will be the first time seeing it in person? The dealership I got it from is pretty respectable and has really good reviews, so after talking to the sales guy I feel pretty good, I explained I'd be riding it home and he assured me it was running really good, brakes and tires were solid, and that he'd have it double checked before I got there just in case. He also said if I got there and wasn't comfortable with anything or I could back out no problem, just want to know if there is anything I should be looking out for on the newer models
That's awesome Chris, ride safe and enjoy your new to you Victory, they are totally awesome bikes...

rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts