Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I hope you don't mind a HD rider hanging out on this forum.
I am looking at getting Helmet Cam.
Can you guys help me out?
Are there any other good brands to look at besides Go Pro?
Is it better to Mount the cam on your helmet or on the bars?
Who makes good cam mounts / case?
Thanks for the help.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Hello all,
I hope you don't mind a HD rider hanging out on this forum.
I am looking at getting Helmet Cam.
Can you guys help me out?
Are there any other good brands to look at besides Go Pro?
Is it better to Mount the cam on your helmet or on the bars?
Who makes good cam mounts / case?
Thanks for the help.

Patrick
Welcome mate, i dont have a helmet camera, but i like the look of those aluminium camera tubes that are for sale these days

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Speaking just for me, I much prefer watching a ride video that was taken with a helmet mounted camera. You get to see what the rider is seeing and besides, long takes from a bike mount are booooring.
As far as a recommendation goes, I can't say. If I was looking, the one that catches my fancy is put out by Sena and works with their Bluetooth communicator.
I have no objection to a Harley guy hanging with us, after all, most of us ride with Harley owners.

·
Registered
348 Posts
There are many cheaper Chinese knockoffs helmet cams available on Amazon as well, some are good some not (read the reviews). I agree that if you have a headset then one that communicates via Bluetooth is nice.

If it has two wheels (or three in some cases) then your always welcome aboard

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
@band1t
I started a YouTube channel this year in January(link in my sig below) I started of using a Sena Prism Tube as my helmet camera and I purchased the Yi Lite as a second action camera to add an alt. view and off the bike recording. The Sena is listed for sale on this forum....its a good "get your feet wet" all-in-one setup. Too be honest it didn't give me the video or audio quality I was looking for once I got going, so its for sale. The Yi action cameras are excellent GoPro alternatives at half the cost. The Yi Lite I use never gives me trouble and shoots great quality video, audio is good as well. The problem with this Yi is two fold 1. it doesn't accept an external mic and 2. because of its shape and my helmet I was unable to find a good mounting for it and even if I did I couldn't mic into it for audio. So I bit the bullet and purchased a Drift Ghost 4K, its a much better all in one camera than the Prism Tube video quality wise and its got a "made for the helmet mounting system" that's a snap to use. Its down side is its software. The camera can be a little glitchy at times but it works well enough. I have a playlist of vids on the Drift 4k if you want to check them out.
If you want more of a GoPro clone there is the new Yi 4K+ this Yi does except an external mic and is rock solid at half the price of a GoPro Hero6

-Drift Ghost 4K
My playlist

-Yi 4k+

My Sena Prism Tube

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the SENA camera cut out the wind?
I'd just like a good set up to catch the bone head drivers I always come across.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Does the SENA camera cut out the wind?
I'd just like a good set up to catch the bone head drivers I always come across.
I wanna say it does a good job of doing that, I know a lot of people that was doing reviews on the bikes had a throat mic they would use instead of a boom mic. I dont know if the Sena ones do that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts