·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How cute, a carbon fiber lid to keep your hair from blowing around!

It sure isn't going to do anything else for you....
Ha Ha ha so your saying the guy wearing the helmet is cute.:ltr: YMCA must be your favorite tune as well..:ltr: Well your wrong three times here banditO..1..The dude aint cute helmet or no helmet..2.. I have no hair to blow..and.. 3.. it satisfies the wife and 2 daughters in the fact that they want dad to wear a helmet..I all together hate wearing a helmet as much as anyone else but life would be hell around here if I didnt..whats the old saying..."if momma aint happy nobody is Happy" cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It's a personal choice. I personally prefer cheap Vega 1/2 helmets for city riding and have a cheap Victory fullface for long trips. I know they say the difference between a 1/2 helmet and a fullface is the difference between open casket and closed casket but if I get my way I'm getting cremated. Mama is happy about the helmet but not quite on board with cremation and won't accept that there is no difference between open urn and closed urn...

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
3.. it satisfies the wife and 2 daughters in the fact that they want dad to wear a helmet..
That sexy CF hat and a million dollar life insurance policy should cover them. thumb up

Do your ladies a favor and try on a real helmet. May not be as cool as the turtle shell, but I think you'd be surprised how much more comfortable it is to ride at speeds over 50 mph. Though floppy cheeks are always entertaining for the surrounding traffic:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Please don't

Im thinking of getting a helmet from Deranged choppers. I love the style and the fit it seems to have in the pic..

http://derangedchoppers.net/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=44&zenid=ac951141fc1a2cc209309d068b8e8157

I was wondering if anyone has purchased one from them?

I wanna know about fitment issues..Did it fit right or not? How close was the size to what you ordered? Was it all they said it was? type info..If anyone has any info please chime in...

anyone?
A friend of mine bought one 2 years ago. He gave it as a gag gift for the chapter Christmas party. I got it and it was passed on this year.

Buy a good full face or modular helmet and your face will thank you someday. Those of us that have crashed know from experience.

Be safe. thumb up

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Helmet or no...let those who ride decide. Had an ex-sister-in-law who tried to tell me that people who don't wear helmets are a burden on society due to cost of post-crash health care. With that in mind, why don't we mandate helmets for automobiles? Lot's of car crash related brain injured people out there. I suppose the reason could be our congressmen don't want to mess up their $500 haircuts! :ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
111 Posts
If I read OkieHoss's post correctly he asked about purchase and fitment issues of the helmet. He didn't asked to be ridiculed for his choice of helmet, or to be preached to on the proper helmet to wear.

Freedom of choice, that's what makes this country so great.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If I read OkieHoss's post correctly he asked about purchase and fitment issues of the helmet. He didn't asked to be ridiculed for his choice of helmet, or to be preached to on the proper helmet to wear.

Freedom of choice, that's what makes this country so great.
+1, Some folks just aren't happy unless they can make other feel like crap.

It may be due to unresolved childhood issues.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
+1, Some folks just aren't happy unless they can make other feel like crap.

It may be due to unresolved childhood issues.
I bet he would feel worse if he had a minor low side that resulted in a brain injury (or worse) that left him unable to provide for his family because he chose fashionably trendy over functional.

His family wants him around and he has made the choice to wear a helmet for them. A little friendly peer pressure to try to persuade him to pick one that actually works isn't offered to hurt his feelings...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I found this helmet to be comfortable and it saved my head when a car hit me in town, skun up my face tho:
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Outlaw-Helmets/Dark-Rider-Black-Leather-Half-Helmet-with-3-Snap-Visor/98189.html

I bought one of those super thin ones and found it uncomfortable. The pads were held in with velcro and to size it you changed the pads. The pads were small, did little and the helmet would not fit my head right with any combination of the pads. Mostly the styrofoam inside sat right against your head. At the time the company had just had the DOT rating revoked and due to that they took it back. Mine was about $100 more than their price, I think the company folded soon after because of all the returns. The dealer took it back anyway.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well hell FIRE I didnt know this simple question would unleash the hounds....really funny to me...Thanks for the advice on the helmet I asked about. The rest can re route your melodrama crap to the crapper..Those with good words of wisdom thanks..cheers.For those that fear for me bucket I will have you know I have a $500 shoie RF 1100. I love it it fits well even thought its a XXXL. Its nice and quiet and very comfortable, However I would like another option for riding that wasnt so constraining. Like I said I love riding without a helmet but ofcourse it is far more risky..So Im looking for a cool not nerdy look that can grant me such freedom...

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Helmet or no...let those who ride decide. Had an ex-sister-in-law who tried to tell me that people who don't wear helmets are a burden on society due to cost of post-crash health care. With that in mind, why don't we mandate helmets for automobiles? Lot's of car crash related brain injured people out there. I suppose the reason could be our congressmen don't want to mess up their $500 haircuts! :ltr::ltr::ltr:
My wife supports putting backup cameras in ALL 2012 and newer cars because it "saves SO many lives" but IMHO that is simply more of the government getting involved in areas they don't belong. Sure, run the cost of ALL cars up for what use to be a luxury (seeing behind their butts). The argument is that having those will allow soccer moms to no longer back up over their children. I am not saying that it hasn't happened and wouldn't help (in some few cases) but the reality is that drivers have the ABILITY to make certain that the path is clear before they drive rather than FORCING all the 16-20 year old kids who need affordable transportation to ALSO pay $'s for a "feature" they don't need.

How about camera's that see around corners (like on the $100K cars)? If you mandate rear view cameras, why not mandate side view camera's? Why not also mandate side airbags and etc...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Who let the dogs out?

Well hell FIRE I didnt know this simple question would unleash the hounds....really funny to me...Thanks for the advice on the helmet I asked about. The rest can re route your melodrama crap to the crapper..Those with good words of wisdom thanks..cheers.For those that fear for me bucket I will have you know I have a $500 shoie RF 1100. I love it it fits well even thought its a XXXL. Its nice and quiet and very comfortable, However I would like another option for riding that wasnt so constraining. Like I said I love riding without a helmet but ofcourse it is far more risky..So Im looking for a cool not nerdy look that can grant me such freedom...
Helmet threads are like oil threads. :crzy:They run in every direction. Buy what you like and wear what you like. Besides, sometimes you just have to dress up like a pirate (Goldwingers view of HD riders) and have some fun. cheers

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
GOD I love this forum! Cracks my ass up on a regular basis and keeps me edumacated at the same time! WOOHOO! :ltr::ltr::ltr: P.S. I like that leather covered brain bucket...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts