Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a way to lock my helmet on my bike when it is parked in public. Other than hanging it on the mirror, footpegs, or handlebars, how are you securing your helmet to your bike?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I'm looking for a way to lock my helmet on my bike when it is parked in public. Other than hanging it on the mirror, footpegs, or handlebars, how are you securing your helmet to your bike?
If it's a full face, you could always add a sissy bar and run a cable lock between the two.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I never lock my helmet. If someone wants to steal my used helmet, that's a risk I am willing to take for the time being. I have never had a helmet stolen, and until that happens, I am not locking mine. ;)

Oh, by the way, I do own a lock - it's a Kryptonite... long cable, auto retracts (when you push a button), and has a combination on it. I never used it - it's in a drawer, in my garage. Wish I never bought it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Here's what I use and it works great: http://www.bestrestproducts.com/c-159-helmetlok.aspx

People do stupid, spiteful things, but also anyone can accidentally brush up against your helmet that's hanging precariously off your bike and knock it to the ground damaging it. Why take the risk? With this lock, you can lock it down to your handlebars/grips/anywhere else it may loop over, and you can simply clip it to your belt loop if you don't have any storage to stow it away while riding.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the ideas. Visionjohnny... now that is funny! I don't have my sissy bar on all the time so I can't rely on that. I have seen the handle bar end attachment, which I like, but I have one piece chromed grips on the bike. I just bought two new helmets and didn't want them to walk off. I will probably continue to just hang it on the bike for short periods of time but for any extended length of time, BanditSRT8's suggestion is exactly what I was looking for. It is small and can fit in a pocket if not needed but can lock one or both helmets if needed.

Thanks to everyone for the ideas.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Go to E-Bay and do a search for helmet locks, you will find what you want....

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Try this http://boltlockcorp.com/ I put it on the bolt that holds the tank on the right hand side. I use the 6' cable, hang two leather jackets on the windshield and two helmets on the right side of the bike ( throttle and front brake lever) and run the cable through it all. I dont have any pics with me and wont b home til Oct. It blends in real nice. I've never had anyone say " WTF is that thing" anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts