Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using either of these helmets, comments or critiques would be greatly appreciated ... TIA

·
Registered
161 Posts
I bought the HJC helmet this past spring and I'm very happy with it. I ride with a half helmet so I've only used this one when it rains or is very cold out. My wife & daughter wear it mostly and both really like it. The slide down eye shades are really a nice feature. Wind noise is minimal as well. I don't like full face helmets and I knew this HJC would be a good compromise. thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Scorpion helmets tend to run small on their sizing, at least everything I've tried on.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have the Scorpion and like it. One of the best in protection for a modular, it is ECE rated. All modulars are heavy, but you get used to it. I honestly wear my Shoei RF1100 a lot more, but the Scorpion is a good lid.

The Bell Revolver and Shark Evoline 2 however are both much better. Better airflow, quieter, and all around better made. Sportbiketrackgear.com is selling the Bell at a stupid low $109 price right now, it's a no brainer. You can get the helmet AND buy the optional Transitions self tinting shield for less than the price of the Scorpion.

Avoid HJC, they are cheap for a reason. Lesser quality materials, not as protective, and the liners break down fast. Some folks only get one season of riding before they need to replace inner pads and stuff. I honestly don't know why people still buy them :confused:

·
Registered
782 Posts
As far as fit, the 900 wears truer to size than the 1000 or 750s do. I wear a large in Shoei and Akuma as well as my EXO900. Plus you get the inflatable cheek pads and neck roll as well to custom tune your fit.

When I considered buying an EXO1000, I needed an XL, but in my 900 a large fit perfectly.

Go to sportbiketrackgear and watch the review videos on each of these helmets, especially the Bell and Shark. thumb up

When you're ready to buy CALL Jason at STG to get a special forum price. It'll be lower than the website price. He hooks us up like crazy. I pretty much ONLY buy from them now.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input folks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was kiiling time at a local m/c shop on Monday and they had an XL EXO 900 in Neon and a XS in Silver for $109.00. It felt like a quality helmet but it was a little heavy. I liked the tinted drop down shield better than the Revolver's. It operated more smoothly and felt more comfortable (like I wouldn't have to worry about it scratching my nose.)

I am waiting for my Matte Black Revolver from STG which has been shipped. thumb up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts