Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using helmet speakers? Any recommendations or opinions? I'm just looking for music, couldn't care less for phone, communication etc...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a set of iASUS Xsound 3's I got on Amazon. They were replacing a cheap set I got for 20 bucks that were horrible. The iASUS were 110 but worth every penny and they sound great. I was apprehensive because they were so much more than my previous set, but I'm glad I did it.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Are they Bluetooth ? Do you need a big goofy module to run them ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've always just hooked them straight to my iPhone and stream music or listen to my iPod. I've never used them any other way. You can hook them up to the Bluetooth intercom systems, I've never done it though.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I've always just hooked them straight to my iPhone and stream music or listen to my iPod. I've never used them any other way. You can hook them up to the Bluetooth intercom systems, I've never done it though.
Ok , so you just run a wire to them like the olden days ?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I use the Sena SMH-10..... or I did until I just got the new Sena 20S from Mike. Haven't installed it yet, but he assures me the audio is less tinny than the one I have... yup, all bluetooth. But works for me. And he was right... The speakers with the Sena 20S are much better.. A fuller sound with some bass.

·
13,242 Posts
I wonder how many of you ride with volume up high to the point you can't hear a motor knock or ping or a compensator clank.
A year ago I started riding with no radio for the first five miles and the last five miles. Just listening to the bike. Think it's a good deal cause I heard a nail clicking in my tire before it went flat

·
Registered
611 Posts
I wonder how many of you ride with volume up high to the point you can't hear a motor knock or ping or a compensator clank.
A year ago I started riding with no radio for the first five miles and the last five miles. Just listening to the bike. Think it's a good deal cause I heard a nail clicking in my tire before it went flat
1 in every 4-5 rides for me is sans music or any other audio input other than the road. Still couldn't hear those things through my earplugs. I remember the first time I took my Mille out for a shakedown run without plugs in after a couple adjustments and I freaked out thinking the thing was about to explode on me. Then I remembered it's always been a noisy ass bike but with plugs in all the ticks, rattles, wooshes, etc. get muffled down to white noise. I love my bikes and hate the idea of something major going wrong especially when I could have prevented it if I had noticed it earlier. But I'm far more concerned with maintaining what's left of my hearing into my golden years and beyond so I'll stick with the plugs and hope the bikes make it.

Edit: You guys have me really thinking about some new speakers for my SMH20S. The audio quality is vastly better than my old SMH10 but volume is lacking for sure. The 20 comes with 36x6.5mm drivers which just barely fit into the earcups of my shoei gt-air so I really can't see anything bigger going in there. Anyone have experience with that helmet and aftermarket speakers? Those Xsound3's look nice but I don't want to spend 100 bucks just to find out they don't fit in my lid.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I bought a pair of so called helmet speakers off ebay and they were pure crap,then found a decent pair of sounding small headphones and dismantled the headband and put some velcro on them and into the helmet they go.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've got a sena smh20 in my 3/4 helmet. Yeah , it's meant for intercom, phone, bluetooth and such and it does have a FM radio feature. Though it picks up better reception than my Vision radio, the quality of the sound sucks for music.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've got a sena smh20 in my 3/4 helmet. Yeah , it's meant for intercom, phone, bluetooth and such and it does have a FM radio feature. Though it picks up better reception than my Vision radio, the quality of the sound sucks for music.
My 20 has better sound quality than my 10 did but the volume just isn't there. Maybe it's the new speakers being slightly thinner than the old ones and therefore further from my ears, I don't know. But I've yet to have any complaints regarding sound quality. Then again I've got a full face helmet so that may make a difference.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought a pair of so called helmet speakers off ebay and they were pure crap,then found a decent pair of sounding small headphones and dismantled the headband and put some velcro on them and into the helmet they go.
Been wondering if that's the best way to go myself? Maybe even with a set of Bluetooth headphones?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I wear digital hearing aids, with a bluetooth feature. I use my ipod to stream tunes and can use the bike's controls for volume, etc.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My brother bought a Uclear system. The module that mounts to the helmet is relatively small.

I just bought a Shark system. I had some issues initially with the speakers being overpowered, upgraded those with some of their larger ones. I'm in it $100. I was wearing earbuds, but I do a lot of in city driving and want the ability to hear all the crazy traffic stuff going on around me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts