Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 07 HD ultra classic last winter, and purchased a 08 vision. I love the bike, and I think it is better in every way than the ultra. The only thing I miss, is the ability to plug in my helmet with speakers, so I can hear the radio. How can I do this on my vision? Do they make a harness, or can I tap it in somehow?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I sold my 07 HD ultra classic last winter, and purchased a 08 vision. I love the bike, and I think it is better in every way than the ultra. The only thing I miss, is the ability to plug in my helmet with speakers, so I can hear the radio. How can I do this on my vision? Do they make a harness, or can I tap it in somehow?
I suggest you look at getting a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth communication kit. No more cables and you can pair (Bluetooth connect) your mobile (cell) phone, GPS radar detector and more.
Check them out on the forum there are a lot of comments about them from a lot of members.

Cheers and good luck which ever way you go. - Kymthumb up

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
What do you have installed on yoru 08 now Oldrocker? If your CB'ing it or wanting to go that direction the J&M is a lower priced option that will give you your Aux in plus CB and Intercom if your 2up. Are you riding 2up alot or solo? Use a GPS? My TC I ran the J&M CB with the aux feed from the GPS which had XM radio, its on MP3 player and was blue tooth capable.

Adding the OEM CB to bring it all together is a costly option but for my 11 it fit the bill of what I wanted to do so I went that route. I agree with the BT if that is all your wanting is music or Icom with your passenger.

Just thinking out loud, toss up some more info bro and see if we can point you in a good direction.

Tim

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
My TC I ran the J&M CB with the aux feed from the GPS which had XM radio, its on MP3 player and was blue tooth capable.
I think that's his point. I have the same issue. I have an XM radio via my GPS that I can plug my ear buds into and get reasonably good sound. The only option I see on the Vic touring bikes is playing a radio thru the fairing mounted speakers which in my opinion is pretty poor fidelity unless your standing next to the bike grilling hot dogs.

Why did they fail to put an output jack for an intercom or an aux input to play GPS/CB over the radio? Seems like a pretty big oversight for a "touring" bike. I figured it was probably an expensive Vic option in some catalog.

·
Registered
12,317 Posts
Phone John or a tech guy at J&M and ask about an adapter cable. If they don't have one, they may make some if they see there's a market. Just an idea. As my mom told me; It doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I think that's his point. I have the same issue. I have an XM radio via my GPS that I can plug my ear buds into and get reasonably good sound. The only option I see on the Vic touring bikes is playing a radio thru the fairing mounted speakers which in my opinion is pretty poor fidelity unless your standing next to the bike grilling hot dogs.

Why did they fail to put an output jack for an intercom or an aux input to play GPS/CB over the radio? Seems like a pretty big oversight for a "touring" bike. I figured it was probably an expensive Vic option in some catalog.
Well they did in a way SB, you might recall my rant a couple months back after installing the CB. Mike (aka TheMike) succesfully wired in the GPS as well so with the CB installed, you have your iPod intergrated with your radio as well as separate GPS calls after you install the 1200-1400 dollars worth of CB equipment. Don't get me wrong, the CB/IComm package is absolutely top notch, love the flexibility of mixing stereo/external speakers with headset, headset only, headset off, Vox, etc etc, etc... Its a great package BUT leading back to what your saying they COULD have easily made that pigtail part of console feed and added the Aux cable which also doubles for the XM Radio module.
IMHO, Vic kept costs down by not including the pigtail/console connector. The CB unit they are using is the same as the CAN/AM so they simply tapped a over the counter unit, adjusted their software and let us foot the bill. The options are there, how much you want to pay is the question. I went all the way on my 2011 and still bitch about the cost but am happy with the results.

I mentioned the J&M as it has alot of flexibility for the cost and works great. BT as already mentioned is great as well, it really boils down to how the OP is riding. Solo, 2up, Highway and using CB in group or not.

My 2 cents anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts