Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about the victory dealer in wytheville, va. Called hilltop cycle. I am on vacation and sruck something on i81 at atkins, va. Put about a 3/8 inch hole in back tire. Was able to put 4 plugs in it and limp it about 3/4 mile to get off interstate. Plugs won't hold air and need to get bike hauled to dealer in wytheville, va. Of course happened on sat. Afternoon and nothing open. Figure i am stuck here until monday at least. Local here told me that dealer in wytheville doesn't have tire equiptment. If anyone has info that will help please call me at comfort inn at 278-782-9668 ask for room 225.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bummer. Glad you are ok. Maybe look up a local repair shop? YOu might be able to score a tire from them monday.

You might also ask around about local bike-bars and such. Maybe hit one tomorrow and ask for a guy with a privately owned shop?

Best of luck mate! I hope this makes a good story for you and nothing more.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Store Hours

Mon: 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Tue: 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Wed: 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Thr: 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Fri: 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Sat: 8:00AM - 1:00PM
Sun: Closed

·
Registered
476 Posts
The victory app says they only have eight bikes all being 2006 models. Hilltops number is 276-228-7001. You may have to go east to get a tire. The reviews on there website says that they have great customer service so good luck!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Star city power sports 5120 peters creek rd. Roanoke 540-366-8500. Their website says tire changes while you wait. Open at 9 Monday.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
If its just a tire you don't need to go to a Victory dealer for that. Any foreign bike dealer (they have metric tools) can do it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the victory dealer in wytheville, va. Called hilltop cycle. I am on vacation and sruck something on i81 at atkins, va. Put about a 3/8 inch hole in back tire. Was able to put 4 plugs in it and limp it about 3/4 mile to get off interstate. Plugs won't hold air and need to get bike hauled to dealer in wytheville, va. Of course happened on sat. Afternoon and nothing open. Figure i am stuck here until monday at least. Local here told me that dealer in wytheville doesn't have tire equiptment. If anyone has info that will help please call me at comfort inn at 278-782-9668 ask for room 225.
Here is a novel idea...Pick up a phone book and look in the yellow pages for Motorcycles...then call and ask if they have tires in the size that you are running..then ask the big question....can you fix me in a hurry I am cruising through and need to get back on the road......cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried the local Honda shop and thier mech.'s had never worked on a Vision and expressed reluctance. I was done with that. If they aren't good enought mech. to now that they could do it, I wasn't going to let them try. Only other close dealership was Harley dealer and he just flat told me that if it is not a Harley, we don't work on it. (one more reason why I will never own a Harley). Paul W., I had already looked in the phone book and found the closest Victory dearler, HIlltop Cycle, was asking if anyone knew anything about them. As some of us who have owned bikes for years know, just because they are a dealer, doen't mean that there service dept. is good. Anyway, have talked with several other locals and have gotten good comments about the dealer. One local knew the owner, called him at home on sunday, and they are coming at 8:30 AM with truck and trailer to haul bike and trailer (along with better half and I) to the shop and get new tire installed. Owner said that he will have me on the road again by noon. Can't beat that...........

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update. Hilltop Cycle employee arrived at my motel 40 minutes after they opened on monday morning. They loaded my Vision and trailer on a trailer(sad sight to see) and hauled it and us to thier shop approximately 25 miles away. They took the Vision striaght in and installed new E3 on rear and had us back on road at 11:45 AM. The owner was very good and only charged us $328.00 for the tire, haul to the shop. He is a Vision rider also and when I asked him about a Metzeler me880, he told me that he was a big fan of Metzeler but that he had put one on his vision and did not like they way his vision handled with the Metzler. He also informed me that I had not been running enough air in my original E3 and that was why it had cupped. Told me to run 42 psi in rear and that will help with the cupping. My original E3 had 7100 miles on it before I hit something and destroyed it and there was approximately 40% of the tread left so I stayed with the E3. The Me880 has a load rating of "74" or 827# and the E# is load rated at "80" or 992#. I ride 2up 95% of the time and also take a few loaded trips with a trailer every year so with that much (165#) diff. in the load rating, I stuck with the E3. Just wonder if this is why he didn't like the ME880 on his bike. Anyway, I highly reccomend Hilltop Cycle in Wytheville, VA. and would not have a problem purchasing a Victory from them if I lived in that area.

·
13,254 Posts
Guess he will get a bottle of wine and a Christmas card from you.
Its nice when things go right

1 - 13 of 13 Posts