Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Member Looking for Help with 2005 Victory Vegas 8-Ball

I am a new member looking to be pointed in correct direction for different issues I am having.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So what are some common problems others have run into with 2005 victory vegas 8 ball. New here and just purchased a 8 ball looking to get all info and as much help as possible as I am finding most Mechanics in area are unclear of victory and more familiar with Harley.

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
So what are some common problems others have run into with 2005 victory vegas 8 ball. New here and just purchased a 8 ball looking to get all info and as much help as possible as I am finding most Mechanics in area are unclear of victory and more familiar with Harley.
Luckily you won't need any mechanics since it's not a Harley. :ltr: Congrats and welcome to the forum. cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Welcome mine's an 04 and like the others said clutch cable and throttle body then ride the **** out of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Appreciate the help!!

Thanks for tips above ^^^^

Purchased at 15k ,now at 17k ....pipes,carlini bars
I have read that a few people have had problems with getting into neutral, i also have that issue seems like Clutch went out after ride this weekend would not shift down into gear when coming to stop,and when i was in gear cruising and got on throttle the torque was delayed, sound was there but no pull for a few seconds. I cleaned the clutch lever at the cable attachment after ride , but I'm pretty sure clutch is burned out . I was given a Barnett clutch assembly new gonna try that next with the throttle body tip!

·
Registered
742 Posts

I have read that a few people have had problems with getting into neutral, i also have that issue seems like Clutch went out after ride this weekend would not shift down into gear when coming to stop,and when i was in gear cruising and got on throttle the torque was delayed, sound was there but no pull for a few seconds. I cleaned the clutch lever at the cable attachment after ride , but I'm pretty sure clutch is burned out . I was given a Barnett clutch assembly new gonna try that next with the throttle body tip!
Sometimes fresh oil 'n' filter helps here though not always... Good luck.

·
13,188 Posts

If the old owner gave you the Barnett clutch he new the old one shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts