Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Vegas 8-ball. I want to install a Memphis Shades Bullet fairing on it. Unfortunately I'm the type of person that once I see something that I like(bullet fairing), nothing else looks as good. After contacting MS, they will not recomend a mounting bracket for my bike or the fitment of that particular fairing. I would rather not go the route of having to replace the headlight to a round one for the fairing to fit. If anyone knows of a particular mounting bracket from MS that works with the fairing for my bike, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the same bike and was told that you need the honda vtx1300c fairing 2004-2009 years.

·
Registered
427 Posts
vtx brackets have to get longer bolts from what I'm told

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found on a different victory forum that you need the Harley Davidson fat boy fairing part #: 2330-0086, and the VTX mounting bracket part #: 2321-0297.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I know that works for the round headlight. I'm not sure about the newer style. Everything I was told was the vtx for the newer but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fairing

Forgot about that. I don't want to have to buy that round (570) 490-7544headlight if I don't have to. Where did you find that info about the VTX fairing and mounting bracket with the new headlight? Only reason I want to confirm is because I am most likely going to order soon. Thanks

·
Registered
427 Posts
Someone pm'd it to me. Another guy on the vegas pic thread I think said the same thing. If you look at a vtx headlight it has the same style.

·
Registered
427 Posts
robtho05 said:
I saw your post so i figured i'd help you out I hate windshields so i went with the fairing from memphis. Just bought everything for an 09 vtx. You will need longer allen screws from lowes or home depot but besides that it fits great.

Here you go.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm just going through this on my Hammer. The fork mounts won't work-our forks are 55.6mm, the VTX kit forks mounts are only 41-42mm or so.

I had to order kit 2321-0068 from Memphis shades to get the 55mm fork mounts.

They would not sell the fork mounts separate.

I'll post pics as soon as the new fork mounts arrive.

·
Registered
120 Posts
That looks great! Have you taken it on a ride at highway speeds yet? How big of a difference?
LOL-I'm not allowed to ride over 80km/hr yet or 50mph. I still have my M1(learners-this is my first bike).

May 31st I get my M2 and then I can get up to hwy speeds-lol!!!!

If the rain holds off I'll hit some back roads and report back.

·
Registered
427 Posts
So the forks on your hammer are the same size that are on my vegas?
No the hammer has inverted forks. Vegas' have traditional and they are 43mm. You want the ones for vtx1300c models exposed forks. The kit he used is for the covered forks on the other vtx models.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks shanko. Slowly but surely nailing down what I need. Just want to be as sure as I can be before I order. You guys are making it easy on here with the knowledge that you have.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ordered the brackets and the fairing for the vtx. Everything should be here this afternoon. I'll install it today or tomorrow and post pics pending the fitment is correct.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts