·
Registered
257 Posts
I got nothing. I am only 56. :D

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well! I read today on the internet(AARP) about things you are not supposed to do after 50 and it ticked me off.

You know those guys that run jumping from roof to roof, using their hands to jump over stuff and bounce off the side of walls while somersaulting? Well! we can't do that anymore. :mad:

Doing jello-shots. Wha the is that anyway?

Crowd surfing. Shoot! That really sucks...

Talking about how great my kids are due to my excellent parenting skills and so on.

Your not supposed to do any of this... and this came from the AARP site. Glad I'm not a member!

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
AARP sold us oldsters out to Obamacare and that pissed a lot of us off bigtime. They are on my $h1t list fer sure.

·
13,247 Posts
I keep all my microfiber towels in a bag so dust doesn't settle in them and scratch the paint when I polish it

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well I'm just a "tweener" at the young age of 51 (I think. Sometimes I forget. What year is this?).

Just joined AARP to get discounted things. Found out there are better discounts with AAA. Well, at least I get another magazine to take to "the reading room"!

D.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Doing jello-shots. Wha the is that anyway?

Am I the only one that keeps Jell-O shots in their fridge at all times?

When you start saying "I'm not old yet", you usually are. And if anyone says you "X years young", you are DAMN SURE REALLY OLD!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I'm still a 16 year old with about 5X experience.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm still a 16 year old with about 5X experience.

Thanks for reminding me of that one too. People that are old, always try to say they are a "_____ year old on the inside" or with "experience".

Good call RICZ!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,320 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm not there yet at the spry age of 39, but for anyone that does not like AARPs political stance, look into AMAC, similar discounts and conservative views.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
52 here & Apparently I qualify as I had to google DMV to figure out where someone is from (see other thread) & the jumping from building to building is called Parkour. My 12 year old was doing it at camp off short obstacles (like indoor bike ramps) when it rained.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

·
Registered
149 Posts
52 here & Apparently I qualify as I had to google DMV to figure out where someone is from (see other thread) & the jumping from building to building is called Parkour. My 12 year old was doing it at camp off short obstacles (like indoor bike ramps) when it rained
And I thought it was called being an Urban Ninja. Amazing that they have invented a word for that.

Fun stuff to do............. Get naked with your significant other and reminisce of what your bodies looked like 20-30-40 years ago. Have a good laugh.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You call it what you want. I call it winning.

I got friends and family taking a dirt nap all over the globe. I ain't dead... yet. Old is just winning on points.

Once upon a time Jerry Garcia sat bolt upright in bed in a cold sweat. His wife asked him what was the matter. He said

"I'm not Beethoven."

She said

"Whatcha mean hon? You can hear your own music?"

"No, I mean I'm not dead'"

He wasn't...then.

If you need a primer on how to have fun at any age why bother? If I get to that point not much left to do but pick out handles for my box.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Forever Young:)

Could've all been over last night but!

bleeding my rear brake after my caliper overhaul....lotsa brake fluid on the concrete floor near the back of the bike....had a rubber mat I use to kneel on instead of my poor knees on same concrete floor.
On my own in the workshop, its night-time,doors locked, no one around.
I grab an 8mm spanner from the toolbox and walk back to the bike...
Next Im flying through the air headed for the floor backwards!
stood on the rubber mat and its flown out on the brakefluid like it was ice!
slammed hard backwards onto the concrete floor, broke my fall with my right arm and luckily my head didnt hit the deck.
Scared the crap outta me, well the fall did but also thje thought of lying there unconscous if Id hit my head.
Lifes too short as it is...take care out there.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Life is NOT short...its the longest thing we do. Lessons learned, eh MBX? Get yourself a set of Speedbleeders and that task will be a piece of cake. No need to open, close, open, close.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts