Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Momma got a new car on Saturday...SO-I'm getting new bars, but I cannot decide between the Ness modular and the HMD gorilla bagger bars, help me decide. Pro's and con's of each would be good and of course opinions on the look of the two.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Without being able to 'test' them both, I'd be more inclined to go with the Modulars solely for the adjustability. To me, looks are 2nd priority when it comes to comfort.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Have you considered the Victory apes? I like mine.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
..thanks for making it more difficult!
We do that, only second to spending people's money.... :)

Bars will be my next major purchase/project for my XC. I've pretty much decided on a the Ness Modulars in black. Too me they not only fit the style of my XC but I wouldn't want a set of apes without ajustability

I'm not ready yet but there's a set for sale in the classifieds...at a great deal
http://www.victoryforums.com/13-motorcycle-parts-sale-wanted/158153-black-modular-cross-country-apes-sale.html

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We do that, only second to spending people's money.... :)

Bars will be my next major purchase/project for my XC. I've pretty much decided on a the Ness Modulars in black. Too me they not only fit the style of my XC but I wouldn't want a set of apes without ajustability

I'm not ready yet but there's a set for sale in the classifieds...at a great deal
http://www.victoryforums.com/13-motorcycle-parts-sale-wanted/158153-black-modular-cross-country-apes-sale.html
Thanks for the link..Ill see what shipping is. I can get new ones shipped free for $400, so that may play in.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really think I am leaning towards the Ness Modulars because of the adjust-ability.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I really think I am leaning towards the Ness Modulars because of the adjust-ability.

The Ness are sweet! I have the Vicbaggers Tarzan bars, very similar to HMD except less expensive. The boys at Vicbaggers are way better to deal with than HMD in my opinion. My only complaint is I don't like the angle they lean back towards me. I like my bars to be more in a true vertical position. Right now they are on the same angle as the forks and I can't rotate them ahead any further. In my eyes they look funny... ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1459956619.370526.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
For those who have the Ness, are they difficult to adjust? I am interested in putting these on my magnum...

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I have a set of HMD520 Gorilla Bagger Bars and am quite pleased with them. They were under $300 when I ordered them for the chromed ones.

·
13,003 Posts
Modulars bars have to be the greatest way to go. Think you get the bars where you want them. Then adjust hand grip to what feels best for each hand and shoulder. Takes two allen wrenches to do it.
Bike from the factory should have Modulars bars

1 - 13 of 13 Posts