Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum for a week now. Giving up and just asking. I have a 03 Vegas with s&s intake and map with stage 1 slipons. I'm taking the slipons off and ordered rpw slash. (super excited :)
First question. Do I need to remap my bike? Or should I get a pwc 3?
Next question. Possibly wanting to put cams on my bike. Do I need a pwr 3? And which cams to get? Andrews? Help. If I need a pwr for the cams I'm thinking ofmjust getting 1 and setting it up for the new pipes? Just looking for advice. The dealer in my area is pretty unhelpful. They just don't have a answer.
Thanks for any input cheers

·
Registered
403 Posts
1st question: no you won't need to remap - the S&S map should handle the new pipes fine. A small tweak with the dealer computer may be required, but I doubt it.
2nd: I would not recommend cams in that year bike without any motor work. All the aftermarket cams avalable are going to KILL your low-end power. Unless you do all your riding over 4000 rpm's then you'll be doing yourself a disservice IMHO with just cams.
Now cams and a pistons on the other hand..........

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
1st question: no you won't need to remap - the S&S map should handle the new pipes fine. A small tweak with the dealer computer may be required, but I doubt it.
2nd: I would not recommend cams in that year bike without any motor work. All the aftermarket cams avalable are going to KILL your low-end power. Unless you do all your riding over 4000 rpm's then you'll be doing yourself a disservice IMHO with just cams.
Agreed. The 92" does not have enough compression or inches for any of the available cams to work

·
Registered
526 Posts
Dies that go the same for the 100" engine?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info

Well put on the rpw slash on! And do they sound awesome!!! And my throttle response is way better. Pulled the plugs and looks like it's running just right. And no pop or hesitation at all! Better than the staged1 slipons. I have s&s intake with s&s flash for stage 1. Seems to be working good with these slash. Again thx for the info. Little bummed about no cams :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts