Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've almost got enough $$$ for my exhaust and I've gone back and forth on designs for too long. I'm lucky to have a local guy that is an incredible exhaust fabricator. He can make anything....

So, show me what you can find or what you have in your collection of photos. Looking for something out there but still needs to suit the high ball. Either ceramic coated black, white heat wrap or a combo of the two...

Please help. Need more pics

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Wildest I've seen are made by Cycleops. I'd get your fabricator and Will (I think is his name) at cycleops together. Since he parted ways with his welder he might be willing to work with your guy in building a set. Just a thought.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
65 Posts
If it were my choice I would have your buddy make me a black pair of conquest custom octanes or ground pounders. I have heard them up close and they are no louder than my slash cuts and look very menacing. I just think over $900 for those couple of very short bent pipes is bullshit.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If it were my choice I would have your buddy make me a black pair of conquest custom octanes or ground pounders. I have heard them up close and they are no louder than my slash cuts and look very menacing. I just think over $900 for those couple of very short bent pipes is bullshit.

I agree overpriced

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Why doesn't anyone run the Ness Slash cuts??? I seen a YouTube vid posted by High Ball Nick and they sound fantastic... I however can't seem to find out how to purchase them.
You'll have to get them from RPW...

Call Jim:
http://www.metricthunder.com
951-277-8900

Oops, These are the Ness 'Signature Series'... can't help you there. Maybe call Arlen Ness in Vegas.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Why doesn't anyone run the Ness Slash cuts??? I seen a YouTube vid posted by High Ball Nick and they sound fantastic... I however can't seem to find out how to purchase them.

Ness doesnt make those anymore as I understand it. If you want some slash pipes I swear those freedom performance sharp curve radius pipes are as quality as the RPW and have an excellent sound for like $600. I havnt seen anyone on here complaining of pitting or extremely long shipping times like I see with the Hacker brand. Quality american made at a budget price.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just listened to the Freedom performance sharp curve radius... Sounds fantastic!

Yeah, Louser turned me on to these and I bought them with a loydz airbox and VFC and I couldnt be happier. I installed it myself on a Saturday night and it only took about 3 hours and I am no mechanic. All in all the dealership wanted $1300 for a stage one exhaust and intake/reflash but I did this myself for less than $1200 and I got better quality parts that make better performance and the bike sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Dude that sounds sick!!!!! Your HighBall is lookin bad ass man. I dig the sissy bar and the roll. Does your roll have the little back rest deal? What are thinking about for lights? I just ordered some of the black 1.5" bullets off of viconly...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dude that sounds sick!!!!! Your HighBall is lookin bad ass man. I dig the sissy bar and the roll. Does your roll have the little back rest deal? What are thinking about for lights? I just ordered some of the black 1.5" bullets off of viconly...

yes, I have the hotvic sissybar with the pad. That roll is a bikers friend http://www.bikersfriend.com/. It actually doesnt fit the highball correctly since its a medium (from a previous bike) and I need a large to use it as a backrest. But I love this thing, I would say its as big as a couple of throw over bags and imo it doesnt ruin the look of the bike like saddle bags would. I am actually thinking of doing my turnsignals next and I have not decided which ones I am going to get. I like the MBW but I am just too thrifty to spend that kind of money so I will probably go with the bullet style as well.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I don't like the look of led on our old skool looking bikes... It's a good thing we live in different countries cause our bikes are going to look pretty similar. I just bought a roll from bikers friend last week. I haven't found the right sissy bar yet so am going to make one.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
So I just ordered the updated version of the Bassani Pro Street turn outs and a power commander. How hard is this going to be to install? Any pics or recommendations would be much appreciated. Can I ride it a few miles to get it Dyno'd after I am done the install?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Exhaust install is simple, the hardest part will be getting the stock one off, make sure you install new gaskets, just go to the dealer and order pre 106 gaskets. The pcv is fairly easy as well as long as you don't have a hard time getting the front injector unplugged like most but if you have changed the intake then it is easier then with the stock airbox. Yes you will be fine riding the bike to get a tune, just upload a map close to your setup and ride, heck you may even be happy with an uploaded map.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yeah, Louser turned me on to these and I bought them with a loydz airbox and VFC and I couldnt be happier. I installed it myself on a Saturday night and it only took about 3 hours and I am no mechanic. All in all the dealership wanted $1300 for a stage one exhaust and intake/reflash but I did this myself for less than $1200 and I got better quality parts that make better performance and the bike sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBKKJwiQEM
Safe to say that guy doesn't need a helmet!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yes pcV code word for power commander V. You will want to unplug your O2 sensors...

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Thanks man! I appreciate the insight. Last bike I had before my Highball was 72 Triumph Bonneville chopper. The only thing electronic on it was the headlight, brake light, and turn signals...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts