Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched everywhere and am having no luck finding the ram mount that replaces the lower portion of the lever mounts. I found it on amazon but it says "not available." Anyone else have any leads?

Thanks,
Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
The lower portion of the lever mounts on what? A Goldwing? Give us more to go on please.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I have one of these, I got it from my dealer. It's Victory part number 2877372

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've searched that part number on all the major Victory parts websites with no luck. I'll check with the dealer directly. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
If you still cannot find one, call my dealer...
Shark Cycle

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Got mine from my dealer too , they had about 40 of them in stock .... MoM's Foxboro , MA

·
Registered
126 Posts
About two months ago I was ordering this part and was told by several dealers that Victory has discontinued this part. Called my local dealer and had him search the dealer network to find one on the shelf somewhere. Best of luck finding one. Not sure why Vic would stop making these

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Was able to snag the last one MOMS had. Going to take it to VicBaggers to see if they would be interested in reproducing them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead.

I am wanting one of these... :crying

I KNOW it would not be that hard to reproduce...

Has anyone found a solution?

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
I've searched everywhere and am having no luck finding the ram mount that replaces the lower portion of the lever mounts. I found it on amazon but it says "not available." Anyone else have any leads?

Thanks,
Alex
enlighten me...whats a RAM mount (and don't say a fkn sheep)

Reactions: BenD and DVega

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Oh ok, well its another gizmo I can do without....when Im riding I'm riding, not playing with phones GPS or cameras.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Ha ha ha funny and true .....

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
1) I'm really surprised if Vic's discontinued the bracket replacement to hold RAM balls (yeah, snicker -- I just said "RAM balls"). I bought this bracket when I picked up my new XCT, back in March 2012.

I find this very useful for holding a GPS, or a phone used as a GPS, in assorted locations. As you can see in the pic, I have two balls (snicker again), to allow a choice of locations.

No, I don't stare at electronic devices when riding. I only glance. And I use a GPS or other devices very infrequently, but IMHO it's nice to have options, if you do decide to use one.

2) If you can't get the Vic part but want something like this, I can recommend a part from Mounting Innovations. This was brought to my attention by someone on this or the other forum a few years back, and I bought a couple. I only have one mounted, but as I asked the company if they would make a black version, I thought I should reward them, when they followed through.

What I'm talking about is their "Chrome-B-231U" or "Chrome-B-231U-Black" mounts -- about a quarter of the way down this page: RAM Bases & Balls . Here are some more pics -- Chrome Handlebar Mount -- and I have one added below.

These are much classier than the U-bolt product made by RAM itself, are rock-solid, and can be mounted along the handlebars.

3) Even if you don't use a GPS or phone, another increasingly common use for RAM products is to mount GoPros and other video cameras. If you want to show, say, both the front view and the speedo, mounting a camera on the bars, with the appropriate extension arm from RAM, is one way to do this.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
After searching, it appears that Vic has indeed stopped making this part. However, Ken's Sports -- Cup Holder from Victory Accessories 2015 -- still shows this as apparently available, bottom of the page.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The item that is no longer manufactured is an awesome little bugger. I have two of them. One mounted on each of two XCT bikes to hold my GPS.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
399 Posts
I believe you can still get it as it's the same as the goldwing.

Or this may be it as it is adjustable

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Ram-Mount-Motorcycle-Clutch-Reservoir/dp/B0012TT8BK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447095723&sr=8-2&keywords=ram+mount+goldwing[/ame]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the link, I had found that previously and came to the conclusion that I don't like it.

I was able to locate 2 of them. There are probably still some more out in the dealer network.

I was told BMW of Greenbay AKA Tytlers may have a couple. They were closed so I don't know

However,

None in Ohio or Michigan.

Thanks Guys!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts