Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am looking to get a touring bike, I do at least 10,000 miles a year and wanting to squeeze more miles in a day. I am looking at The Harley flhx or fltrx but I also keep looking at the Victory Cross country!?Can you guys help give me your thoughts on this disunion please?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey I am looking to get a touring bike, I do at least 10,000 miles a year and wanting to squeeze more miles in a day. I am looking at The Harley flhx or fltrx but I also keep looking at the Victory Cross country!?Can you guys help give me your thoughts on this disunion please?
boy 10,000 dont think i could ever even get close to that, but i do got an 2012 xct and rides just great,my but has never got tired yet, and it sure does not vibrait nothing like a harley, you sit back a little more also, feels like i am in my easychair my longest ride has only been about 200 miles so far bike still new, we are planing longer trips this summer, off to the gazebo for a beer cheers

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Cost is about a wash, but you get a trunk on the Vic.
Vic doesn't rattle your teeth at idle.
Vic is a little more powerful.
Vic has better wind protection.
Vic has better ground clearance.

You can find a 5 part series of technical differences here:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Each bike has its own characteristics and only you can decide what's best for you... I moved to the Vision from a Harley when I bought my 2011 and except for the lack of customer support from Polaris/Victory for a few problems, I am rather satisfied with the bigger bike. I ride about 20,000 touring miles a year and on the highways I have been more comfortable on the Vision... around town it's a wash.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'm glad saddlebag posted the vid series. It's tJhe first thing I reference when someone asks your question. The PowerPoint Alone is enough reason to buy Vic unless your just dead set on the lope. Personally, once you start riding a few thousand you will love the sound of the Vic. I look forward to getting off work at night just to get on the HOV and open it up a bit. Great sounding machine. The 106 will also save you money on scheduled maintenance. Check out HD cost by 20,000 and Vic's. Enough said there.

Comfort to me is reduced vibration over several hours on the road. I don't think you will find a better ride on a glide.

Appearance? I hate when I hear HD look alikes. Maybe to some crotch rocket jockey but if you know the lines of the glide and look at the XCT, it's a machine with many differences.

Finally price. While HD is trying to adjust, your still coming out ahead with Vic. Put that into extras like a good touring seat and accy on you new ride.

I was like you waiting to find the right price on my Glide I always wanted (the one that got away) but when you break down the facts,Vic is a very wise choice unless the glides are what you want because of style or to be in the orange and black club.

You said your reason was more miles and riding 10k mn a year. I think the choice is pretty simple. I may ride an 04 but I will put it up against any 12 glide and see who feels better after 8 hours of riding. I love the older Vic's lines but make no mistake. There will be an XCT in my drive one day.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.
Tim wac

·
Registered
45 Posts
Everybody likes different things and that is why there are so many different manufactures. I just bought a Victory XR today after always having Honda's all my life. I've been reading and learning about Victory's for over a year and I was convinced that Victory would treat me better doing what my future plans are at this point than Honda could.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the maintenance on a victory? I know about the oil buit what about the 30000 miles and when you really put the miles on.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
What model are you leaning towards now??

I know on my 04, there is no motor disassembly like shown on the HD. Tune, fork oil, (fuel filter debateable, I aint doin it), throttle body cleaning (already do that now), brakes and check belt/shock for wear. My buddy riding his FatBoy will be down 2 weeks in the shop and over a 1000 he said. I started getting my 30k list together and thanks to the folks here found that I am alreardy doing it or can handle it in my garage. I only have a couple items to clear up and my complete 30k will be done at the house, on rainy weekends that I wasn't riding anyway. I still owe some followups and thanks to those that helped me out! :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ride them, then decide...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Speaking of deciding, what are you riding, now that you sold the trick Vegas?
A hot rodded V92C, of course. See the V92C Forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took a cross country out for a 30min ride. I am not used to the sound the motor makes, and by the end of the ride got used to the hand contals. I am shocked on how lite it was I was able to go 120 with plenty of throttle let to twist. And I was able to hear the audio perfectly at 80 mph.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts