Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If you had to put one on your bike which would you and why:

1. Bassani Pro Street Turnouts
2. Conquest Custom Ground Pounders

Thanks guys!
Ground pounders are the bomb , but , at 930.00 + 400.00 for a new oil cooler , (they will not fit with your stock oil cooler) I personally find that ridiculous , unless you are independently wealthy . Bassani turnouts ? That's your choice , but the after sale customer service leaves little to be desired if you have problems . I just purchased the RPW Slash exhaust for my 13 Hammer , in black ceramic. I know what you are going through as I crushed my brain finally choosing what I think is the best exhaust for me and my wallet. Good luck . cheers

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you had to put one on your bike which would you and why:

1. Bassani Pro Street Turnouts
2. Conquest Custom Ground Pounders

Thanks guys!
Ground Pounders

1) The looks alone are worth it in my book.
2) They are loud
3) Bassani customer support sucks (search the site)
4) Bassani pipes are too common (made for just about every brand of motorcycles made).
5) If I wanted a cookie cutter bike with cookie cutter aftermarket parts I would of gotten another HD or Honda.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Is there anyone who makes "ground pounder style" pipes that don't require an oil cooler mod?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Seems a lot of VMF folks have a grudge against Bassani. However I can understand a shitty customer service experience, I personally did not have any issues. I did not buy direct so maybe that helped, lol.

I love my turnouts. I personally think the ground pounders are AWESOME but would be too loud for my taste. All in your personal preference good sir!

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have never scraped with the Thor, that's about 20,000 miles of riding. My personal opinon as for as length is, its perfect. I lowered my bike 1"1/2 , its looks cool the length it is, I m like you, not fond of the longer pipes like the shotgun type exhaust.cheers

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
That's an easy decision.....RPW THOR...AWSOME SOUND AND QUALITY WORKMANSHIP cheers Big HP gain
Agreed.. But I'm biased because I've thought for a while I'd love to try some RPW 2-into-1 goodness. At present though I freakin' love my RPW Slash exhaust. thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Metric Thunder is selling the Thor for $732.00 That's a $100 cheaper than Lloyds. That's in black or chrome.
This is where my slash is coming from , type in FORUM and get another 5% off , cant beat that !:Dcheers

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Gawd, I hope you never ask us to pick your nose.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I personally like the following:
1. RPW Slash cut
2. Bassani Pro Street Turnouts (new style)
3. Ground Pounders.

I haven't heard them in person though but I think they look the best on the bike.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
cheersTav , putting the Slash on my Hammer next week , will have many pics to post , it will be in ceramic black , I'm going to start with the heat shields for now , but may wrap them too later .....

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Ground Pounders

1) The looks alone are worth it in my book.
2) They are loud
3) Bassani customer support sucks (search the site)
4) Bassani pipes are too common (made for just about every brand of motorcycles made).
5) If I wanted a cookie cutter bike with cookie cutter aftermarket parts I would of gotten another HD or Honda.
Well I happen to love my cookie cutter bike with my turnouts on them...And yes there has been documented cases of customer service lacking. Seeing as how everyone is now running one of two tuners and the lloyds timing wheel with one of 3 exhausts I guess everyone is pretty much running a cookie cutter bike now aren't they. And yes the ground pounders are loud and I can see all kinds of flames shooting out of them on youtube vids. I will say this...my turnouts started hollow and now that they have the right tune...air...and timing the harley guys around me ask where I got those great sounding cookie cutter pipes.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well I happen to love my cookie cutter bike with my turnouts on them...And yes there has been documented cases of customer service lacking. Seeing as how everyone is now running one of two tuners and the lloyds timing wheel with one of 3 exhausts I guess everyone is pretty much running a cookie cutter bike now aren't they. And yes the ground pounders are loud and I can see all kinds of flames shooting out of them on youtube vids. I will say this...my turnouts started hollow and now that they have the right tune...air...and timing the harley guys around me ask where I got those great sounding cookie cutter pipes.
Well glad that you are enjoying the simple life and following the masses. I myself want something different. We are all entitled to do with as we see fit with our modifications so as long as you are satisfied then so be it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Listen guys , Id spank my chicken twice a day instead of once , if I had ground pounders on my bike . BUT , @ 1300.00 + with an oil cooler ? N. F. W. !!! :D

·
Registered
976 Posts
Turn outs aren't cookie cutters. They look great in the new style.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts