Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to victory. Took a hammers out and loved the engine. Decided I need a Victory! The hammer is beautiful. However living in North UK, lots of potholes, tight bends- really dont think i could get used to that hammer back wheel- the handling does not inspire confidence. took a vegas 8 ball out and that was much better.

Questions- does anyone know if the hammer will take a narrower rear wheel and tryre- eg off a vegas? would this be a big job?

Alternatively i would like the hammer front wheel and dual discs on the the vegas. (Presume I can get a tacho for the vegas as an accessory)
The vegas 8 ball I took out was year 2007.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
The easiest thing to do is to put a Hammer front end on a Vegas.

Putting a narrow tire on the rear would look pretty weird especially considering how wide the fender is.

If you are really a canyon carver then buy a Vegas instead of a Hammer. Saying that I ride with some guys that have no problems with wide tire bikes on twisties.

Here is an 8ball with a Hammer front end.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. The hammer front end looks really good on the Vegas. The Vegas 8 ball is a 2007 model. Havent got a picture yet. Are the 2007 hammer 8 ball wheels the same design? If so i should be able to just put the hammer front end on.

Anyone got any idea of cost for this ?

Thanks

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
They all pretty much have the same design but the sizes are different.

Vegas has a 21 inch front wheel and the Hammer an 18.

If you decide to stay with a 21 you will need a new front fender for the Hammer front end.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
What a dweeb. Posting all this non victory related crap all over the forums. Can we say SPAM!

FYI....all the spam stuff has been removed.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts