Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2013 suede nuclear sunset Xc. I have ness g3 wheels and I need to paint my new front fender and bag extensions however I am having a hard time getting the paint. My dealer says the paint is called nuclear sunset tangerine and that the flat clear makes it dull. Before I drop 250 on paint and clear I'm just wondering if anyone has the code or can verify what my dealer is telling me. I know that the paint colour for my bike is called suede nuclear sunset and not nuclear sunset tangerine. Thanks a lot.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Hello, I have a 2013 suede nuclear sunset Xc. I have ness g3 wheels and I need to paint my new front fender and bag extensions however I am having a hard time getting the paint. My dealer says the paint is called nuclear sunset tangerine and that the flat clear makes it dull. Before I drop 250 on paint and clear I'm just wondering if anyone has the code or can verify what my dealer is telling me. I know that the paint colour for my bike is called suede nuclear sunset and not nuclear sunset tangerine. Thanks a lot.
You should take the bike to whoever will be painting the wheels and bag extensions, and have them color match it. That way you get a guaranteed match.

Chasing the color code, and ordering the same color from the manufacturer will imply some variation, as different batches of paint have slightly different shades.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should take the bike to whoever will be painting the wheels and bag extensions, and have them color match it. That way you get a guaranteed match.

Chasing the color code, and ordering the same color from the manufacturer will imply some variation, as different batches of paint have slightly different shades.
I've been to 3 body shops and they can't match the paint via scanning because it is flat. So they have all told me to buy the paint from the dealer. So this is where I'm at now. I should just paint the whole thing black.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I've been to 3 body shops and they can't match the paint via scanning because it is flat. So they have all told me to buy the paint from the dealer. So this is where I'm at now. I should just paint the whole thing black.
Sounds to me like you've found the top 3 lousiest body shops in your area. Who cares it's flat? It's paint, and they're the paint professionals. Wow... I would not let them get within 10 feet of my bike.

·
Registered
273 Posts
A little info for you; V13MB36EN,NN,NNA,NNC Matte Nuclear Sunset (orange)P-625. Not sure what all that means but I believe it is the paint code. Also if you go to FFCARS.COM there is a guy who has matched the orange- his web site is street rod painter.com- also his screen name on the ffcars. The thread on ffcars is nuclear sunset paint. Hope this helps some- He is out of Northern Cal.

·
Registered
108 Posts
From what I have gathered from Victory you can not get the paint except in a touch up..But wait there is HOPE you can buy spray cans of Nuc Sunset Tang from any Polaris dealer that sales off road stuff. I bought two cans of it to see if I like it. Now it does come in a gloss so you would have to add a flattner to it but I think it would be fine to do on a fender. I paid 13.99 a can they are 10oz cans. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Your service dept should be able to look up your bike in their ask Polaris website. This will show them what the paint code is and they should be able to use that to order paint by touch-up, spray can or quart. Whichever you pick you'll probably have to order two of because of some kind of policy they have with their paint vendor.

BtW matte clear coat seems a little odd because the demin style paints are a simple mix of paint and corn starch.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your service dept should be able to look up your bike in their ask Polaris website. This will show them what the paint code is and they should be able to use that to order paint by touch-up, spray can or quart. Whichever you pick you'll probably have to order two of because of some kind of policy they have with their paint vendor.

BtW matte clear coat seems a little odd because the demin style paints are a simple mix of paint and corn starch.

The guy behind the counter said polaris said to use nuclear sunset tangerine and apply a flat clear. I just don't want to pay 250 for a quart of paint and a quart of clear and whatever to have a shop spray a test panel and have it be the wrong colour. You'd think that polaris would have the paint named the same as whats on the bike, suede nuclear sunset unless they just gave it that fancy name...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I got nothing.
Just chiming in to say that once in a while something comes out of left field to remind Pop that I am getting a little long in the tooth.
I have lived long enough to be reading a thread on the interwebs concerning suede nuclear sunset as opposed to nuclear sunset tangerine. This is motorcycle paint right?
I'm gonna pop a Iron Butterfly and Trogs mix micro SD into my Droid and rock out bluetooth on my red Cross Country.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I got nothing.
Just chiming in to say that once in a while something comes out of left field to remind Pop that I am getting a little long in the tooth.
I have lived long enough to be reading a thread on the interwebs concerning suede nuclear sunset as opposed to nuclear sunset tangerine. This is motorcycle paint right?
I'm gonna pop a Iron Butterfly and Trogs mix micro SD into my Droid and rock out bluetooth on my red Cross Country.
im so old i have no idea what you are going to be listening with
but the trogs are my age or older now.im almost 65.

midwest industrial coatings inc is where i got my paint. it is
supposed to be the oem supplier to victory
ph # 952-252-2000
i talked to a guy named tom
this basecoat was the worst i ever sprayed. wasnt even tacked
in a half hr. anyone else tried it. supposed to be dupont based .
the dupont rep i talked to never heard of it or the clear. i used
ppg clear over it.--irv

·
Registered
273 Posts

ph # 952-252-2000
ppg clear over it.--irv
I think the singer for the trogs just kicked last week.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

ph # 952-252-2000
ppg clear over it.--irv

Cool I just called there and they are the paint supplier to Victory!!! yay thanks alot, Tom was in a meeting so hopefully when I get to talk to him he'll get me what I'm looking for. LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
make sure you get the basecoat activator, too. let us
know what you find out.--irv

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
make sure you get the basecoat activator, too. let us
know what you find out.--irv
Just got off the phone with Tom from Midwest Industrial Coatings and he said the color is Nuclear Sunset Tangerine however Victory gave it a fancy name (Suede Nuclear Sunset). The activator comes with the paint and the flat clear.

Part numbers are as follows;

P-493 Nuclear Sunset Tangerine
2859079-493
Flat clear
2859079-FC

I hope this thread will help others who are looking for this paint.

Thanks all for the awesome info!!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Just got off the phone with Tom from Midwest Industrial Coatings and he said the color is Nuclear Sunset Tangerine however Victory gave it a fancy name (Suede Nuclear Sunset). The activator comes with the paint and the flat clear.

Part numbers are as follows;

P-493 Nuclear Sunset Tangerine
2859079-493
Flat clear
2859079-FC

I hope this thread will help others who are looking for this paint.

Thanks all for the awesome info!!!
if you want to see how close of a match you will get do a
sprayout card first. my crimson red was a little lighter than
the other bike parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts