Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...I have a craftsman atv/motorcycle jack that I've had my HD on many times over the years w/o a problem.
Now I want/need to get my CCT on it by myself. Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures of theirs on a jack?
I thought I would ask first before I try to do it.
Thanks,
Harry

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Do you have the black/red jack or the silver/yellow? I have the silver/yellow and I place the rear lift plate just in front of the oil filter so it lifts via the engine...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!
broggyr...... it's the black & red.
wesdalton.....is that a center stand I see under your bike?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I usually put the jack there to lift the rear. You can move it a little forward to lift the front. Experiment. You really can't hurt much unless you put it right on the oil filter.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Glad I looked in here..... :) I have my Sears red jack modified for the HD DynaGlides(lift pads moved to the outside of the lift arms 1"). I was wondering how it would work if I ever had the need to lift my XC.
Should be no problem at all.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes, I purchased right after I got the bike. It isn't the Victory brand, I have been very happy with it. Takes up less room in the garage, and makes it much easier to clean and check the oil. :)

So..what kind [brand] is the center stand..and can you show a better photo ?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I purchased it from Kingbagger he is a small manufacture in Wyoming (I think). His name is Neal Shelton and you can reach him at [email protected]. I purchased mine in april of 2010, and it was $285.00. Be aware that it will not lift the tires off the ground, but it stands the bike up straight. I carry a couple of oak 3"X3" blocks in my saddlebags and if I need to lift the tires off the ground, I just put it on the centerstand and then tilt the bike from one side and put the blocks under the centerstand one at a time. The Pads on the bottom of the stand are threaded so you can adjust it to lift higher, but if I leave them short I never have had a problem with the stand dragging. That is a common complaint with the Vic OEM stand. A side benefit on the stand is that I use the cross brace on the stand to put the rear arm on my craftsman jack and it makes the bike more stable. I'll take a picture with it up on the jack when I get back from the 4th of July ride we are going through Beartooth pass and jackson wyoming or where ever we end up for 5 days of R&R. thumb up

·
Registered
46 Posts
Harry - I have the red Sears jack (leftover from my VTX1800R) and a 2013 CCT. I've lifted it a several times and even rolled it a few feet in the garage to position it for winter storage on my PepsX stand (also leftover from my VTX). The PepsX stand is rock solid although I had to do a minor mod to make it work with the CCT. I only use the jack to get the bike up onto the stand. Personally, (and others may disagree) I wouldn't do any work on my bike on the Sears stand. There is a significant amount of movement. I'm confident enough to lift and place it, but I definitely wouldn't try to remove a wheel. That's my opinion, and, like I said, I'm sure others may disagree.

If I didn't have the stand, I'd probably take a look at the J&S Motorcycle lift/jack. They're not cheap, but others have given them very good reviews.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts