Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
We cant seem to find the 300mm spacer kit on the web- where did you guys get yours (that have converted to 300mm)?
Thanks a lot thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damm....not what I wanted to hear.....although it will probably be quicker to get it made so maybe it is what I want to hear....
Thanks LC

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, got it- thanks mate.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right. I'm being told the black swing arms are narrower (not from the same cast as the chrome swing arms) and I need spacers otherwise it's too close, like 1mm.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A friend of mine made ​​this spacer of 7 mm. This is on the right side of the rim. (see photo above). This is not from Arlen Ness Chrome G3 10,5 x18
You also need to make a spacer of at least 3-4 mm in front. If not, the belt does not track properly. You can see this when everything is assembled.
Seeing that someone writes that 10 "rims are better suited to 300 tires. I do not agree with this.
Take the challenge of adapting 10.5 "rims. There will be some extra work. Then everything becomes optimal.
I have now run over 12,000 km of my bike in the summer and it has been a pleasure. The handling works very well. Be careful when you do this procedure.
Best of luck. You will all be happy;-)
Yeah so spacers need to be made up, but Im told the Hammer swingarms are slightly different, so the spacers may be different to the above. I'm going to contact a Victory specalist mechanic and see if he can make the spacers for me, and maybe (hopefully) get him to fit it also, and I'll let you know the details and post photos.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Kris

Morning

I am doing this conversion as well on an 8-Ball as you may know from the other thread. I was under the assumption that I should be okay with the Avon tire and a little grinding and cutting. I have prepared for the eventuality that I might need a spacer front and back.

I do not have my wheels yet but I am very interested in what you end up finding out and end up having to buy. If you do not mind, please keep us in the loop on this as it would greatly help all Hammer S and Hammer 8-Ball owners with the black swing arm who want lots of clearance for doing a 300 conversion. This spacer would also give me peace of mind in trying the Metzler 300 tire out instead of the Avon.

Depending on what bike you have and the costs associated, I would be interested in possibly splitting the cost of a spacer with you and then you ship me one from Australia perhaps??? Feel free to PM me regarding what you find out. I wish Witchdoctors or some vendor like Conquest Customs would make one of these in black or chrome. I would easily pay for this for the peace of mind it adds.

Subscribed.

Best Regards

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
YOU DO NOT NEED A SPACER FOR THE BLACK SWINGARM !!! I have seen the 300 on my buddies bike , there is absolutely no room to space out the rear pulley , it would collide with the swingarm as there is only about 2mm clearance as is stock . The belt will be very close to the tire but it does clear , adjust your belt so it tracks to the outermost side of the pulley , this will afford you a little more clearance also . I hope this helps and keeps some of you guys from panicking unnecessarily. thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK thanks Mags. The shop here has done a couple of hammer 300s (only 2 for hammers, a few more for the JPs) and they are adamant that if you ride hard on the sides, you are best to have as much space as possible otherwise it will rub. So I'm just going with the flow- I'd rather make sure I've got a little more clearance than less anyway. And the spacers aren't expensive. They have a guy in Melbourne making some for me, and apparently they still have the specs from when they did it last time. I did learn yesterday that when you get a 280 fitted they need to cut and grind your frame then, which I didn't know before- I thought the 280 would bolt straight on, which is not so. So I'm basically half way there anyway because they already cut and ground my frame.

Morning Mobgma- no worries mate. I'll get another set made if you still want and post them off to you if you still want them. No problems at all. Hopefully I can get mine done at the end of next week, if not the week after. I'll take some pictures of the clearance then and you can decide what you want to do.

Have a great weekend guys. 3 of us are riding tomorrow and I'm hoping to post some pictures for you to get you syched for your summer.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If you put a spacer between your pulley and your wheel that is more then 1.5-2mm your pulley will collide with your swing arm causing massive damage to your bike. You only need to go eyeball it yourself to see what I am telling you . There is no room for a spacer on your bike . It would have to be as thin as a piece of paper or two , which is useless in the big picture . You are worrying about nothing , I'm just trying to help you as I have seen this with my own two eyes on my buddies bike .cheers

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah it's confusing hearing different stories.
OK I just went out and filled up ready for tomorrow- check these photos out;

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another.......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Last one.......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So with a 280 Metz rear; the swing arm currently has 10mm clearance from the pulley, the belt has a 5mm clearance from the tire, and the belt on the engine pulley is almost tracking at it's outmost position.
Mags- maybe the Hammer S and 8 Ball are slightly different? I don't know. I'm just going with their advice. But it looks right that if the tire gets bigger by say 1cm each side, it's going to close the gap on the belt. I'd rather have space than not.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts