Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fuel issue "fixed"!

My 2006 8 ball is not getting fuel to the cylinders. I've checked the bleed valve with the ignition on and gas only just runs out. Shouldn't this be under pressure? Ignition on and I hear the pump come on for 3 seconds or so and stop, sounds normal. I rode the bike yesterday without any issues. Then today it wouldn't start, cranks and hits a few times and that's it. It will run on starting fluid (I know, it's bad to do this, but I only tried it briefly to see). Battery voltage appears to be fine, even used a second battery when trying to start.

With this said, could it be the filter and if so how do I get to it? I don' have a manual. I figure it's that or the fuel pump seals. Somebody please give me a hand, I have searched till I am blue in the face. The bike has 28K miles and was running just fine yesterday. Yes, I am a newb, to victory cycles anyway.......I am already thinking of getting it running and selling it..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, I will try to trace down the problem. Fuel pressure will be the first thing. Could anyone save me the search time and provide me with a link to fuel pump access/removal and rebuild. I am capable of doing the work myself, just don't have a manual. I work full time still (second career due to raising 2 grandkids now), so my time is very limited. Thanks again!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SitRep as follows:

1. With fuel line disconnected from "T", fuel pump comes on for approximately 3 seconds, then stops. Shouldn't it stay on since the line is open (no resistance to increase pressure)? There is pressure when it runs, so it is obvious that the pump is working.

2. When I had the tank nearly drained, I turned on the ignition, pump came on for the usual 3 seconds, then I could hear the fuel bypassing in the tank. This was with the fuel line disconnected (open).

3. Sounds like the pump is good, it is just a bypass issue or something of sorts.

That said, I have pulled the tank and ready to pull the pump. So does anyone hane an idea of just what I need to do, or have experienced this issue as well?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, this is probably what I will have to do. Athough I am fully capable of doing the rebuild (if I had instructions and parts), my wife is wearing me out....to say the least. Bottom line is that she thinks that I don't give her enough attention and I am always working in the shop and so on (all while she lays on the couch and watches chick flicks)......very frutstrating considering I clear about 6 figures a year and she doesn't even work. I can't have a single "toy". All she wants to do is go to the movies or out....spend $500 on a weekend and so on. I prefer spending my money on somethin to keep and enjoy, not waste it (guns, bikes, etc.). Honestly, after 26 years of marriage I have about had it. Yes I know, I am venting and this is all off topic. Sure someone else has the same issues. Stand by for a new thread!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thanks, this is probably what I will have to do. Athough I am fully capable of doing the rebuild (if I had instructions and parts), my wife is wearing me out....to say the least. Bottom line is that she thinks that I don't give her enough attention and I am always working in the shop and so on (all while she lays on the couch and watches chick flicks)......very frutstrating considering I clear about 6 figures a year and she doesn't even work. I can't have a single "toy". All she wants to do is go to the movies or out....spend $500 on a weekend and so on. I prefer spending my money on somethin to keep and enjoy, not waste it (guns, bikes, etc.). Honestly, after 26 years of marriage I have about had it. Yes I know, I am venting and this is all off topic. Sure someone else has the same issues. Stand by for a new thread!!
Been there done that, tell her to go get a job or don't let the door hit her in the ass on the way out. I offed my "problem" several years ago and never looked back. I found another one that works more hours than I do and doesn't have a problem with me having toys or playing with them about as much as I want, life is good.

·
13,247 Posts
Thanks, this is probably what I will have to do. Athough I am fully capable of doing the rebuild (if I had instructions and parts), my wife is wearing me out....to say the least. Bottom line is that she thinks that I don't give her enough attention and I am always working in the shop and so on (all while she lays on the couch and watches chick flicks)......very frutstrating considering I clear about 6 figures a year and she doesn't even work. I can't have a single "toy". All she wants to do is go to the movies or out....spend $500 on a weekend and so on. I prefer spending my money on something to keep and enjoy, not waste it (guns, bikes, etc.). Honestly, after 26 years of marriage I have about had it. Yes I know, I am venting and this is all off topic. Sure someone else has the same issues. Stand by for a new thread!!
You have to get her a job of some sort or donate her time to charity or something to get her out of the house thinking on her owen.
Yes we are not her interment center. Get her into something.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ethonal eats up the rubber parts in the pump on low mile to years bikes, and one day the regulator will just start bypassing. Sounds about like mwhat you have going on
It was the regulator. I replaced the seals, tested the regulator and put the pump back in the bike. After bleeding the air in the lines. It fired right up and runs even better then before. Thanks so much for the help, manuals....etc. Take care and be safe!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts