Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the side of the road and well... This

~20k on the odo...

Cooler seems clean so I'm scared it might be more serious. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
From the spot on the cement it looks like one of the oil lines. I would wipe everything down real good and then put down a clean piece of cardboard. The wait for the spot to appear and trace it back.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found it! Damn... Tow is gonna be more than the part.

O2 wore through the cooler. How the hell?

Had these pipes on for more than 12k

Attachments

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Good reason to remove the O2 sensors like most of us have.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been awhile since I've been on here as well... The bike just works.

That said, don't think that'll work for me. It's a 2012 with intake exhaust and cams. Has a power commander with auto tune.

Can't believe they want 275 bucks for that piece of metal.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Do you have Facebook? If so look for Victory buy and sell or victory motorcycle owners. Both have a few dealers that have new or used parts. Chances are someone will have a part off a crash bike that will cost much less.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
cooler

If you are in a bind by-pass the cooler. If you are not in the desert anyway. I would do it if I had to get home. Also you can run an aftermarket cooler or get one off of another vehicle if you do not want to pay the big bucks. I know some will say but you can not do that, I say bs. Just think in a few short years you will not being able to buy a stock oil cooler for these bikes, then you will have to come up with a different cooler to use. Oh yes and you might be able to have it repaired at a GOOD radiator shop.

·
Premium Member
8,781 Posts
If you are in a bind by-pass the cooler. If you are not in the desert anyway. I would do it if I had to get home. Also you can run an aftermarket cooler or get one off of another vehicle if you do not want to pay the big bucks. I know some will say but you can not do that, I say bs. Just think in a few short years you will not being able to buy a stock oil cooler for these bikes, then you will have to come up with a different cooler to use. Oh yes and you might be able to have it repaired at a GOOD radiator shop.
Yeah it should solder up, flush some degreaser through it to get rid of oil traces flush with water then methylated sprit to get rid of water,
Should then be clean enough to solder up
And get rid of the O2s

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

·
13,002 Posts
If you can't find one look for a radiator shop they should be able to fix it

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Agree with all the suggestions

Bypass or fix on your roadtrip

Find a second hand

Any cool oil cooler will do if you can match up the fittings ... You have these "cooler pipes" that just look soooooo awsome ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Comon mate you can find it on a HD or Yamaha site .... And match these fittings

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all of you that responded! Found a guy willing to trade even for the busted one.

Heading there in a few minutes and haven't taken a look at the fitting. Am I going to need any special tools?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
For the newbie here can you explain what happened? How does an O2 make a hole in the oil cooler?
I'm used to liquid cooling on my Honda.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rub a dub dub... Too close to oil cooler with my pipes

I was able to pull the oil cooler in less than 5 minutes

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Oh okay. All stock here so I was confused. Still it seems that when they are in place on frame they would not move?

·
Premium Member
8,781 Posts
Oh okay. All stock here so I was confused. Still it seems that when they are in place on frame they would not move?
The engine moves a bit when its running and the pipes are part of the engine.
Admittedly its not leaping around like a HD engine but theres some movement and as the O2 is in contact with the cooler its eventually worn through.
Most people with aftermarket pipes ditch and plug the O2s.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The engine moves a bit when its running and the pipes are part of the engine.
Admittedly its not leaping around like a HD engine but theres some movement and as the O2 is in contact with the cooler its eventually worn through.
Most people with aftermarket pipes ditch and plug the O2s.
Okay gotcha. Might change pipes at some point so good to know. I'm kinda liking the quiet though. Easy tunes listening.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IIRC the O2 sensor yank is only applicable for pre-106 motors... Maybe pre-103. Can't imagine how jacked my motor would run without widebands

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Just read all your posts ..... Ouch, glad you fixed it ....

My exhaust rubbed on the oil cooler, you can solve this by setting up your exhaust very very carefully and watch every detail ...

Good luck and welcome

Edit, i think the oil cooler guard rubbed my oil cooler AND a clamp of my exhaist .... Seems to me i have to fix this when i home ... Thanks for your information

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts