Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 XR

Just got through installing a new PCV and AutoTune. The instructions indicate to contact technical support (which I already did) for calibration settings for Speed Sensor and Gear Sensor. They indicated they didn't have anything on file for my bike. Really? So, I'm left to try and calibrate it myself or see if anyone out there might already have it. Someone that possibly got their XR/XC dynotuned?

Anyways...does anyone out there have:
1) the "scalar" value for the Speed Sensor already?
2) the gear ratios or settings for the Gear configurations already?
3) the temperature(s) > voltage(s) already?

I really can't believe that they don't have this information on file for a stock bike!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Did you ask them if hey had the numbers for a XC or a different year between 2010 and 2013?

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
As I recall, when I installed mine, none if those sensors are used with the cross bikes.

Bill

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
632 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct answer! These options aren't available for our bikes on the PC-V... cheers
Are you saying that the sensors aren't there or they won't work?

The PCV has the sensor hook ups and the installation instructions indicated where the sensors were and what wires to tap...

I haven't checked to see if I'm actually getting a signal to the PCV off of any of them yet though.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Are you saying that the sensors aren't there or they won't work?

The PCV has the sensor hook ups and the installation instructions indicated where the sensors were and what wires to tap...

I haven't checked to see if I'm actually getting a signal to the PCV off of any of them yet though.

Here is a link to the Victory installation guide, which you clearly do not have for some reason

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_maps_installs_product_buy_options.aspx?mdlyrid=19-006&make=356&model=363&make-n=Victory&model-n=Victory Vision&year=2011&mk=356&mdl=363&yr=2011

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gunslinger, that's the guide for the Vision. They should be close, but not identical. Here is the one for the XR which I have gone over and over.

On the very last page it references the Speed and Temp input sensors, locations, and what wires to tap.

I'm not trying to be obtuse...I'm just trying to understand. I'm getting mixed information. Tech support told me to hook them up in my first email with them, but you guys are saying they aren't needed. I buy that the PCV will work without them...I'm just asking if it "will" work with them now?

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Gunslinger, that's the guide for the Vision. They should be close, but not identical. Here is the one for the XR which I have gone over and over.

On the very last page it references the Speed and Temp input sensors, locations, and what wires to tap.

I'm not trying to be obtuse...I'm just trying to understand. I'm getting mixed information. Tech support told me to hook them up in my first email with them, but you guys are saying they aren't needed. I buy that the PCV will work without them...I'm just asking if it "will" work with them now?
I know of no one who has hooked them up. The speed sensor merely buys you individual maps for each gear, something I don't see as necessary with the AT unit I have installed. The temp sensor could come in handy for warm up delays, but again, not critical. With my AT unit, I tell both cylinders what AFR I want... and it's the same for every gear... I don't need different AF ratios for 1st gear than I do for fifth. What are you hoping to gain by connecting the speed and temp sensor inputs?

·
13,177 Posts
It sounds like you might have the wrong power comander.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts