Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a used speedometer for a 2010 crossroads?

The digital display on mine went out yesterday at 47,000 mi. Not all but enough to not be readable.

It has to be for a 2010, because it is NOT interchangeable with any other year.

I know there have been other threads on this in the past but they all seem to come to a dead end.:frown

Thanks.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Update:

I was under the misconception that these were not available new but they are listed, so I ordered one from Victorypartspro for $250.64 delivered.

I checked at a motorcycle salvage yard and they had a used one and wanted $400.00 plus shipping for it. WOW! They did mention that the Part was out of production.

The prices I saw new ranged from $351.78 to $248.93 delivered.

I am now waiting for shipping notice with fingers crossed.

The biggest pain not having the display is not having the odometer for scheduled maintenance and the trip meter to watch fuel consumption.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
There are a lot of parts available but I think the electronic stuff will be harder and harder to obtain as we get closer to the end of support.

Check with a dealer they might be able to transfer over your odometer. Otherwise you're gonna be starting from 0.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
When you get that new speedo on, the odo will read zero miles. So take it easy for the first 3K during engine break-in Rich. :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are a lot of parts available but I think the electronic stuff will be harder and harder to obtain as we get closer to the end of support.

Check with a dealer they might be able to transfer over your odometer. Otherwise you're gonna be starting from 0.
Thanks, I didn't think that setting the odometer was an option. I will check with my dealer and see if it is possible.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Thanks, I didn't think that setting the odometer was an option. I will check with my dealer and see if it is possible.
In rare cases it is possible but it's limited to dealers. Car dealers can do it doing warranty repairs so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible on a bike.
Doesn't hurt to ask. :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
New cars the mileage is stored in the body control module or similar type module. Before that most stored it in the engine control unit. This bike I really dont know, maybe is in some sort of memory stored in head unit.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
New cars the mileage is stored in the body control module or similar type module. Before that most stored it in the engine control unit. This bike I really dont know, maybe is in some sort of memory stored in head unit.
Tell that to my friend that had to swap gauge clusters in his 2016...
Odometers are still stored in the speedo.
The module you refer to is integrated into that. :)

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Is the digital portion of your original speedometer able to be repaired? I have no idea if that would cost more than replacing the unit with either a used one or a new one.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
UPDATE: I was getting worried because after many days I have had no shipping conformation from the company that I ordered the new replacement speedo from. Well, this morning Fedex delivered the package to my door step. Perfect replacement for the old one.

I will install today.

Update: Installed the new speedometer today. The only pain was releasing the lock tab on the smaller of the two wire harness connectors. I had to make a release tool out of a large paper clip. I hammered about 2" of it flat on the anvil of my vice, inserted in down the side of the connector to the release tab. I had to study the new speedometer to see were the release tab was. I put a nice blob of dielectric grease on both connectors to keep the water out.

Now I am starting all over again at zero miles. I just have to remember to add 48,668 miles to the reading to get actual miles.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Odometer really only matters if you are selling it. Don't sell it. :)

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Now I am starting all over again at zero miles. I just have to remember to add 48,668 miles to the reading to get actual miles.
Good thing you paid attention in math class. You did, didn't you? :laugh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts