Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Been lurking this form for a while now. But I do have a question. I guess it should be in the want adds form, but I'll try here first.

First of all. I have a 06 Victory jackpot with 2,500 miles. I want to do some up grades to what I like and performance. I have the stock exhaust on it. I don't like it. Not sure what the style is called. But they are not the swept pipes I have seen pictures of. the swept style is what I am looking into getting.

I also would like to change the tail light assemble to the LED style just on the bottom edge of the fender. I know I would have to put the license plate to a side mount on the swing arm. My question is has anyone tried this and how hard is the wiring?

Forgive me for sounding ignorant.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here is a picture of the set up it sounds you’re talking about?
For the most part everything was pretty easy, just had to reroute the license plate light wire down to the swing arm. The turn signals were pretty easy. Just cut the existing turn sig wires soldered to the LEDS.
I WOULD NOT get the victory swept pipes if you’re looking to upgrade... they steal HP and just sound OK the only reason to go with these would be looks and there are some nice looking pipes that also help HP.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a picture of the set up it sounds you’re talking about?
For the most part everything was pretty easy, just had to reroute the license plate light wire down to the swing arm. The turn signals were pretty easy. Just cut the existing turn sig wires soldered to the LEDS.
I WOULD NOT get the victory swept pipes if you’re looking to upgrade... they steal HP and just sound OK the only reason to go with these would be looks and there are some nice looking pipes that also help HP.
That is pretty much what I am looking for.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've found that tail light assembly on a few sites. But Victoryonly.com seems to have the best rate. But not a whole lot different than the rest. I have never dealt with that site. Any advice?

I can pick up a side mount license plate bracket anywhere for the most part. Very common.

I seem to have problems finding the exhaust. I found what I like (style) on Arlen Ness's website. But not 100% sure. Looks wise it is exactly what I am looking for. But I do believe that jdaviac said that isn't a good exhaust for performance. Is there similar looking pipes that are a upgrade?

Again. Being ignorant I'm not even sure what they call the pipes on my bike.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546&page=20

The one with my little girl sitting on it. LOL Computer illiterate.

·
Registered
147 Posts
these are the arlen ness V-500 pipes. they are a little shorter than the victory swept. As jdaviac said the 2 pipe deal is not as powerful as the 2 in 1 pipes. I still sh%t and get but I have the look I wanted. Also I did small led lites instead of the MBW turn signals. Hope we helped you out.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
they have a deep throaty sound to them. What I like about them is, if I want to let someone know I am there they are loud however if I want to sneek thru town (ie cops or late at night) I can still putter thru reasonably quiet. There are some youtube videos that will give you an idea. Search victory exhausts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
here is a pic of a "swept" style that actually helps with HP.
If your looking at this style and dont want the vic "swept style" thats not 2-1. You can get on lloydz web site who is all about adding HP and motor work. I dont have a sound clip but heard em in person and they sounded awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
my buddy I ride with have those (swept). Loud! They are louder then mine. Nice bark to 'em.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another quick question for those who have changed there exhaust. Is a fuel tuner needed? What else would I need to do if I would go with those slash or the v-500 exhaust?

·
Registered
147 Posts
yes. You will need to have either a fuel tuner or you can have the dealer remap computer. I went with the cobra fuel controller. there are many out there to buy, not sure which is the "best". But mine came set up for the jackpot, very easy to install just unplug then replug. whats nice with controllers is if you change pipes you dont have to get another on just reprogram it

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds simple enough. So it would reprogram the computer in the bike for you. If you get one set up for that set of pipes? Nice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well. I went with the slasher pipes from the website from from above. from Lloyds. I still need to get it flash tuned. But just started it up for about 20 seconds. Sounds awesome. And looks way much better. Will post pics soon. And thank you everyone for the help and advice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I took my 06 jackpot down to the dealership to get it flash tuned since I just changed my exhaust. I was told only a power commander can do that on A 06. Anyone know where I can get one easy? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts