Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after much deliberation, I've decided to go with D&D wrapped exhaust and Stage 1 flash (parts haven't yet shipped). However, I've since discovered--or was told--that the only flash now available is the CA stage 1 Flash, which I heard is terrible (too lean).

In the meantime, I'm just running with my O2 unplugged just for cooler temps.

My objective is to gain others' situational awareness that I'm riding next to them to increase riding safety. Performance and a nicer sound will also be nice. Anyways, not creating a thread about why. But, what is ideal--at a minimal cost--to ensure adequate air/fuel ratio, for good performance with the exhaust and have minimal popping?

Thnx!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
If it is true that Vic is just using one Stage 1 flash that is legal in all 50 states then your only other choice is VFCIII or PCV. Might as well get a lloydz filter while you are at it. I would also contact D&D and see what they have to say about their exhaust and the new more lean S1 flash.

·
Registered
545 Posts
If all you want is a better sound and somewhat better performance... the D&D pipes by themselves is a good solution. There is no need to reflash if you do not open up the inflow as well as the outflow.

I am happy running D&D's with the O2 sensors disconnected.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If all you want is a better sound and somewhat better performance... the D&D pipes by themselves is a good solution. There is no need to reflash if you do not open up the inflow as well as the outflow.

I am happy running D&D's with the O2 sensors disconnected.
I'm under the impression to minimize popping a tune of some sort is necessary...:confused:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
No, it will probably pop no matter what. You can get a doohickey from Lloydz that you can adjust the iav and control some of the popping.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Like I said... just added the D&D slip-ons and disconnected the O2 sensors and it runs like a scalded dog... no popping at all, no matter how hard I try.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I'm running glass packs, not D&D's but there isn't a whole lot of dif one unrestricted muffler to the other tuningwise. I'm not particularly concerned with using my pipes to flag my presence but I am concerned with pushing air and dumping exhaust in maximally optimum amounts and I like to hear myself. I will submit to you that a set of glass packs will satisfy your stated goals for significantly less than any manufactured solutions.

Not to piss in folks Wheaties but the Stage 1 flash is for some an unnecessary step like undercoating a Corvette. It's a way to get some ducats at point of sale, the return value of which is limited and becomes irrelevant if the owner opts to do a fuel control.

To me if it was a 50 dollar adder to a pipes and airbox upgrade at the dealer it might be worth the bang for the buck until other mods got in place but at close to 200 it seems to Pop that putting that cash toward a controller is a more comprehensive solution.

None of that considers warranty. Strictly the practical application of currency for
ponies.

·
Registered
217 Posts
it'll pop no matter what, the only bike i had that didnt pop was my harley with a thundermax cause the thundermax is designed to not pop. i have the stage 1 tune with the d&d's and vic hi flow air filter and it runs great

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
VFC III. If you're going to do additional upgrades soon, consider the PC V. Otherwise, stick with the VFC III and see what's available when you upgrade down the road.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update: I got and installed the VFCIII. Everything appears to be working fine. Took a 600+ mile trip with them and everything appeared to work. The rear VFCIII injector connector didn't snap on. I had to trim it similar to stock connector for it to fit on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts