Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased the below and tried to put them on last night. The rear one went on without any issues and seems to be stuck on pretty good. For some reason the front one will not stick, the double-sided tape doesn't seem to be as sticky on that one. Anyway I want to replace the double-sided tape. Anyone have any recommendations on where to get some that will take the heat of the engine? I went to Lowes and O'Reillys auto and neither of them had any.

Tuxedo Bahn Valve Cover Accents W/Spark Plug Fillers in Dress Up Accsy's - Engine & Components - Cross Country, Magnum, Roads - VM - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts

·
Registered
266 Posts
From what I've read here, Whichdoctors has good customer service. Those are pricey buggers so if it were me I'd contact Whichdoctors and see what they will do for you.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right, they have great customer service. But I really think I can replace the double-sided tape and fix these pretty easily. Just want to make sure I get the right tape. If I can't get this done I will then contact Jon @witchdoctors. I have recently spent almost $2000 with them and they have been great.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
3M double sided tape , and use adhesion promoter with it . Available at any parts store . It will NEVER fall off .

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
13,002 Posts
3M owens NAPA and Meguiars
any how if you're still searching for tape try a store that sells body shop supplies. Like sandpaper filler and paint

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it taken care of and thanks for the replies. Use the Gorilla Double-sided tape, good for 250 degrees so that should do it. Glad I got it on straight because I can't budge it!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:worthless without:
Coming soon, I added a bunch of Ness stuff and the parts that were backordered will be here next Tuesday. Xmax all over again!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Got it taken care of and thanks for the replies. Use the Gorilla Double-sided tape, good for 250 degrees so that should do it. Glad I got it on straight because I can't budge it!!!!!!!!!
Hey, did this tape continue to work? I have the same problem and need to replace the tape on mine as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would have used "RightStuff", available at all good auto parts sources.

·
13,002 Posts
Take some rubbing alcohol and clean the surface first. Rubbing alcohol does not leave a film like carburetor cleaner does

·
Registered
193 Posts
Take some rubbing alcohol and clean the surface first. Rubbing alcohol does not leave a film like carburetor cleaner does
I can verify this. If you don't clean it first, there's a good chance the tape will just come off. Cleaning both surfaces with rubbing alcohol does the trick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts