Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the question but I installed a set of slip on stock mufflers and there is a clamp that came with the bike that goes over the muffler pipe and holds it in place. I am having a heck of a time getting it over the muffler section. I undid the nut quite a lot but it seems to be getting stuck on the lip and not fully going over the new pipe.

THoughts?

JH

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Sorry for the question but I installed a set of slip on stock mufflers and there is a clamp that came with the bike that goes over the muffler pipe and holds it in place. I am having a heck of a time getting it over the muffler section. I undid the nut quite a lot but it seems to be getting stuck on the lip and not fully going over the new pipe.

THoughts?

JH

If your talking about the 5/8" bolted clamp that holds the muffler on, there was a small piece sandwiched in between the 2 halves that I had to kind of jimmy around a abit as I worked it onto the new muffler. Maybe try pushing a flathead screwdriver between that part and the muffler lip to help slide it on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that is exactly the clamp I am having trouble with. It get stuck and doesn't slip over the new muffler enough. I am working one handed which may be the problem. I will have a go with it and use a screw driver as suggested.
JH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts