Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up a highball hopefully tomorrow. It's got the factory exhaust still. Was looking at ground pounders and am not sure if they are direct fit or not. I've come across a few posts saying that stuff has to modified for them to fit.. is this correct? Can anybody tell me exactly what will need to be done? Is it something a fairly mechanically inclined person would be able to do or should I bring it to a shop?

Also, what else should be done with the exhaust? Should I do a power commander? Fuel controller? I've never done any work to a fuel injected bike, everything I've worked on has been carbureted. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I am picking up a highball hopefully tomorrow. It's got the factory exhaust still. Was looking at ground pounders and am not sure if they are direct fit or not. I've come across a few posts saying that stuff has to modified for them to fit.. is this correct? Can anybody tell me exactly what will need to be done? Is it something a fairly mechanically inclined person would be able to do or should I bring it to a shop?

Also, what else should be done with the exhaust? Should I do a power commander? Fuel controller? I've never done any work to a fuel injected bike, everything I've worked on has been carbureted. Thanks.
The newest version of the Ground Pounders Exhaust doesn't require any modification to put on (unlike the past versions) Some type of fuel controller is needed though, otherwise the bike will be running dangerously lean.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts

What else?.... Well if you can afford it a decent intake Ness S&S Lloydz or Torquetubes, depending on your budget, and the ATS timing wheel. Combined with the ground pounders and Power Commander V,
you will be set.
If you're really cashed up a set of cams as well would be the icing on the cake!
Oh and the quarter turn throttle!...that's what I gotta get next!
Well you did ask.......:smile

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Yep! Never realised how far it is to twist full throttle till I was roaring down the quarter mile dragstrip last Friday night.
Had to readjust my grip consciously to get that last bit of wide open throttle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What else?.... Well if you can afford it a decent intake Ness S&S Lloydz or Torquetubes, depending on your budget, and the ATS timing wheel. Combined with the ground pounders and Power Commander V,
you will be set.
If you're really cashed up a set of cams as well would be the icing on the cake!
Oh and the quarter turn throttle!...that's what I gotta get next!
Well you did ask.......:smile
I should have said "what do I NEED with the exhaust" lol.

I ended up picking up the bike yesterday morning. As soon as I got home I ordered up exhaust, power commander, a seat, a helmet, and passenger foot pegs. I sold my old bike for $2500 so after buying all that stuff I'm pretty much broke. I still would like to buy a jacket and torque tubes so as soon as I get a little extra cash I'll probably get those everything else will just have to wait.

Here she is

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are the stainless steel version of ground pounders worth the extra $300? Just curious what benefit it would be over the standard ones

·
Registered
374 Posts
The newest version of the Ground Pounders Exhaust doesn't require any modification to put on (unlike the past versions) Some type of fuel controller is needed though, otherwise the bike will be running dangerously lean.
Keep seeing these comments, how do you explain any exhaust causing a lean condition?
You lose back pressure for sure, but how does AFR change?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts