Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the lloydz fuel controller and can not get the rear fuel injector clip to seat completely. I pushed it into place (only goes on one way) and heard a click but the red safety tab will not go down and seat properly. I turned the motor on and it is no missing so I know the injector is making contact.

Thoughts? Help?

Thanks
John

·
12,984 Posts
witchdoctor has a video on how to install check that out
I would not ride or start the bike till you found out
you could do more harm then good

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I am installing the lloydz fuel controller and can not get the rear fuel injector clip to seat completely. I pushed it into place (only goes on one way) and heard a click but the red safety tab will not go down and seat properly. I turned the motor on and it is no missing so I know the injector is making contact.

Thoughts? Help?

Thanks
John
Take it back off and inspect the clip. I had the same problem and had to mess with the red clip. It was ok when I held down the injector and pushed down the clip.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Johnah...
After you get it going and you have done some rides, let us know your impression of the controller.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I was able to get the plug to seat and the red clip to seat also. The solution/problem was that the rear fuel injector housing pivots. If you don't have that fracking thing dead center the lloydz clip will hit the manifold or some engine part and not seat. When Danny at Lloydz told me this I was able to pivot the housing back to center and get the first click. I then had to use a small screw driver to push the housing a bit further back toward center to get the red clip to seat. Both of these clips should seat with finger pressure. If you are needing to use more than finger pressure stop! This is the clue phone calling that something is wrong. Remember, I am the guy that stripped the threads re-installing the crash bars after I put on the JTD lowers. So I took the bike out today for a ride. I did find and disconnect the 02 sensors as instructed by Lloydz. My impression (which could be influenced by the money I spent and the things I read) seams to be that the bike is able to get up and go without working as hard. I installed the lloydz air filter also. It seems like the engine is able to get the job done with less effort. I think I have more response from the engine also. I am not sure because it is just getting to be riding season so I have been cooped up all winter and have a hard time remembering accurately the feel of the bike last summer. I also have Adam bomb exhaust. Will ride it some more and let you all know what I think. I continue to love the Madstad brackets. That has eliminated the buffeting and I could smoke a cigar back there if I wouldn't crap my pants from it!

Best
jh

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I rode the bike a bit and I am not noticing a ton of difference in power. I can definitely hear the air filter sucking air. I have adam bomb slip ons and here are the settings Lloydz did for me G-3.5 Y-4 R-1 G/B-0 Y/B-5 R/B-3. I am getting some slight popping and have had two backfires. Not sure if anyone has other settings they like. If they do please post.

Thanks
JH

·
Registered
120 Posts
I get some backfire on mine too. Nothing to worry about, but from what I have heard, the backfire is very minimal or gone once the LLoydz'z ACV(?) is installed. I kinda like it and especially the burble when coming to a stop. I do still have the 02 sensors attached through break in though (not that it really matters).

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
lol, I also stripped my threads re installing crash bars with the jtd lowers.
JB Weld and a siphon will fix that. :crzy:

·
Registered
32 Posts
For anyone planning to install anything like the VFCIII, I recommend a 12" hemostat that can be purchased at Harbor Freight. I have several and they are awesome for getting into tight places.
When I installed my VFCIII it took less than 10 minutes to unplug the injectors and plug in using 2 hemostats.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Thanks for that tip Shooter. I plan to install the VFCIII and I do have hemostats. :)

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
How did you fix it with that stuff? I just chased the threads with tap and die set.
That's a standing joke from another thread I thought you might have seen. :ltr:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts