Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang I am having trouble getting the new timing wheel in. It does not slide in wheel at all. The old one was hard coming out. Anyone have any suggestions ? I am stuck.
Jim

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Don't force it. It should just slide into place with a little wiggling. Does it not fit in at all? Check to make sure the key on the shaft isn't broken or anything.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it. Cleaned off everything and a little wd40 :)

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
WD40 is NOT a lubricant, next guys who have trouble, just dip your finger in a Vic engine oil, new or from the dipstick and use that one.....

it will go much better.... thumb up

·
13,003 Posts

·
13,003 Posts
Hey gang I am having trouble getting the new timing wheel in. It does not slide in wheel at all. The old one was hard coming out. Anyone have any suggestions ? I am stuck.
Jim
the wheel is for 2008 and up and you need to say whay year and model you have

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok done. A little engine oil and some wiggling and it went in. But one of the cover bolt just sheared in half and I just slightly tightened it. Of course the local dealer said he had to order the bolt. Wtf. A common bolt. So northwest hard had a. Great election of metric stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did call Lloyd's and some chick answered and said she could help me when I told her I couldn't get the new one on. So it old her it seem to be having problems sliding on easy. She told me to refer to my service manual. WTF ! My first encounter with tech support at Lloyd's and I am told to refer to my service manual. Why did she just say take two aspirin and call me in the morning! Anyway. It went on after some cleaning around the shaft and some oil.

·
13,003 Posts
Ok done. A little engine oil and some wiggling and it went in. But one of the cover bolt just sheared in half and I just slightly tightened it. Of course the local dealer said he had to order the bolt. Wtf. A common bolt. So northwest hard had a. Great election of metric stuff.
Take one of the good bolts go to hardware store and get one from them

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Take one of the good bolts go to hardware store and get one from them
I would do this first. It may not match exactly, so you can put it at the bottom where it's hidden by the floorboard ;)

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok all is done. i set the timing to +4. i didnt really see much difference. i still get decel popping . i have stage 1 pipes. what does everyone one else have theirs wheel set at?
Jim

·
13,003 Posts
Above click on forum and click on teck fourm

you'll find a 1k set at +4 and anouther at +6 and not quite as mant at +8
All motors are diffrent. Ride yours for a couple hundred miles then change it

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I reset my wheel to +6 wow what a difference.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
ok all is done. i set the timing to +4. i didnt really see much difference. i still get decel popping . i have stage 1 pipes. what does everyone one else have theirs wheel set at?
Jim
Whats your bike....:)

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
When my bike was completely stock, even the original vic air-filter then I received most of my upgrades shipments, but ONLY installed the Timing-wheel and ride 2 days.... for testing the difference

Man what a difference, my first setting was on +4 as recommended,

So I figured out that our octane in Indonesia is so "low" that setting the TW on 4 would help a lot....

Then 2 days later I installed most upgrades, PC-5, TT, Air-Valve to reduce any popping, etc and reading the documents reset the Timing-wheel on +2 for safety, tested it for 15 minutes, and decided I tried to +4 again, so apparently +4 from PC-5 & +4 from Timing-wheel is now total +8 (as far as I read correctly)

Mate just change the setting from 0 to +4 to +6 or what ever the Lloyds instruction says, the instruction is very clear, even minus - settings are stated.... it is quite easy to fiddle around with it?

Good luck mate

1 - 15 of 15 Posts