Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went today and bought a tire. I asked for the biggest one they had. It is a baker 300 for my new vision.

I went to 3 stores and nobody would put it on for me. One of the stores said they could do it but i wouldnt like it. Well that upset me so i am going to do it myself.

Can somebody show me how? I have a floor jack and socket kit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The reason no one will install the tire is, it is too big for the 8.5" original rim. The largest size tire you can safely put on the 8.5" rim is a 280mm tire. This tire works well, with the rim. It does not bulge too much at all, and has great handling characteristics.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The reason no one will install the tire is, it is too big for the 8.5" original rim. The largest size tire you can safely put on the 8.5" rim is a 280mm tire. This tire works well, with the rim. It does not bulge too much at all, and has great handling characteristics.
well no offense to you rif raf but if you honestly bought that tire and put it anywhere near you bike you should know that there is NO WAY IN H%LL it will fit, if you seriously got it on you would probably have the only 300 rear on a vision known to man, as for as big as you can go i am not sure but i'm pretty sure that the vegas rear is the sama as vision and THE biggest you can go is a 200mm so you are WAY to big, the 280 is also definatly not going to fit either

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Vision wheel will not take anything near that size, and if you managed to get it to bead. The thing would look more like the tire on a mud truck; then the cool fat look you want. Besides I am about positive that a 300 will not clear the swing arm, and that it will interfere with the belt.
Since it is obvious that handleing is not what you are really after. Mount a 205/50 Kumo wet weather CAR tire on it. That will give you a sick look from behind, a tire that goes 60K before you need to replace it, and since many have already gone that way; others expieriance.

BTW have I said I think I still smell fish??

·
Registered
301 Posts
Vision wheel will not take anything near that size, and if you managed to get it to bead. The thing would look more like the tire on a mud truck; then the cool fat look you want. Besides I am about positive that a 300 will not clear the swing arm, and that it will interfere with the belt.
Since it is obvious that handleing is not what you are really after. Mount a 205/50 Kumo wet weather CAR tire on it. That will give you a sick look from behind, a tire that goes 60K before you need to replace it, and since many have already gone that way; others expieriance.

BTW have I said I think I still smell fish??
KEV
IF I WONTED TO UP SIZE MY BOBBER WHAT WILL FIT AS IS. SORRY DIDNT MEAN TO HOLLER

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts

Kevin no comment here? :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so that tire is never going to work. I took it to another store today and they said no way but they sold me a dunlop that is better. Only problem is this tire rubs sometimes. It rubbed on the way out there parking lot so i went back in they said its just breaking in that it will go away after a 100 miles or so. But than i tried to take my wife for a ride and something not good happened I am going to have to have my fender tightened back up and straightened out a little bit think.Anyhow after that loud noise with my wife on the back it seems ok so just fix my fender up.

Plus they told me the baker tire was almost 7 years old and expired. I never heard of a expired tire so i will take it back anyway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont thank anything but my wife said it dont look right. It was just a real loud scraping sound and it kinda stalled the engind out a little but kept going. It did it alot really but they said it will stop.

·
Registered
301 Posts
you might wont to go back to the vic dealer and appolagise and such up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Think I smell a whale
This is no different than his other Crazy Dealer Thread...Guys he is simply amusing himself here or has a seriousl problem. I sincerly hope that he is just trying to have fun. Obvisouly he is clueless about Victories or Vic dealers. The things that he has proposed in his last two threads just don't make sense...can not work and are obviously complete fabrications.

Ignoring him from now on.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I smell dead fish......lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts