Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CCT sat idle for about two years (story for another time).

There was corrosion in the gas tank and I could tell the fuel pump went bad as it wasn't priming. I cleaned out the corrosion in the tank, replaced the fuel pump, fuel regulator, and spark plugs. There was no evidence of corrosion in the fuel lines whatsoever. I can hear the fuel pump priming, spark plugs are getting spark, turns over perfectly fine.

It still doesn't want to start... What should I check next? I imagine the fuel injectors are next but they look difficult to access. Is an engine removal necessary for that?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
Are you able to verify you have fuel pressure and spark?

You might be right about the injectors. They should be able to be cleaned. There's an entire section on the fuel system and injectors. They look the same as the ones on cars for the most part.

Are they difficult to get at? Yes; but doable.

2013 XC_Manual.JPG

·
Registered
307 Posts
Try starting. Pull plug(s) see if they are wet. If wet (aka fuel on them) test for spark. Finally, we're assuming you have compression. The only other thing would be air. Soooo before you replace anything, rip out anything, see if the fuel is getting to the plug. Make sure the plug is working. If you have no fire or fuel to the fire it ain't gonna run. Not sure I'd do it but on less "advanced" systems we use starter fluid. In that vein you could (not sure how possible this is on our bikes) spray a small (SMALL) amount of fuel (prime it) directly into the air box to see if it fires. IF it starts on the prime, it stands to reason fuel is not getting into the chamber. Before jerking out the injectors make sure the fuel is getting to them. Hope this helps. Just my 2cents. LMYR

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE

It started up right away this morning. I might have flooded it when trying to get the lines to prime after draining.

It sounds bad, doesn't want to idle, and was shooting out flecks of corrosion. Sounds fairly normal at high RPM. Could just be from the pipes as it wasn't ever run with the corrosion in the tank.

I think I'll try a can of Seafoam and watch a witchdoctors video on fuel injectors.

·
Registered
207 Posts
UPDATE

It started up right away this morning. I might have flooded it when trying to get the lines to prime after draining.

It sounds bad, doesn't want to idle, and was shooting out flecks of corrosion. Sounds fairly normal at high RPM. Could just be from the pipes as it wasn't ever run with the corrosion in the tank.

I think I'll try a can of Seafoam and watch a witchdoctors video on fuel injectors.
The mouse theory is sounding more likely. Those flecks of corrosion just may be mouse nest getting either sucked into the throttle bodies, or threw the iac system. If that is plugged the bike won't run right at idle or low throttle opening but better when throttle is opened harder. This ain't the first time we have heard of this. .....and again, check for vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
@ColoradoCCT I was thinking a big dose of Seafoam might do a world of good....provided your air intake is clear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The mouse theory is sounding more likely. Those flecks of corrosion just may be mouse nest getting either sucked into the throttle bodies, or threw the iac system. If that is plugged the bike won't run right at idle or low throttle opening but better when throttle is opened harder. This ain't the first time we have heard of this. .....and again, check for vacuum leaks.

I will check this today!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts