Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, had to pass up on a very good deal on a 11 XC because I have not sold my 2008 Harley Heritage-105th Anniversary Edition.

So I started thinking, I will Help You by Helping Me. I will give a $1000. discount to anyone from this site who buys my bike. Or if you send someone to me who buys my bike (make sure they mention who sent them, and your from this site) and I will discount it $500 to them and give you $500 for helping me sell it. Thought this is a pretty fair deal, considering I have already discounted over $6000.

:) Thanks in advance everyone, Later-

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jebz240, ment to mention I have it listed for sale here. But will copy to this post. Sorry pictures did not repost. Later-

For Sale $16,900 or Best Offer. Almost $23,000. Invested

2008 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail, 105th Year Anniversary Edition #958, with only 8000 Miles
Thousands in Accessories: H-D Grips, H-D Foot pegs, H-D Shifting pegs, H-D Brake Pad, H-D Chrome Passenger Floorboards, H-D 105th yr Wind Shield Bag, H-D Wide Chrome Headlight Visor Cover, H-D Wide Chrome Passenger Light Visor Covers, H-D Wide Chrome Front & Rear Turn Signal Visor Covers, Light Smoked w/yellow bulbs Front & Rear Turn Signal Lens Covers, H-D Eagle Chrome Tail light Cover, H-D Highway Bar, H-D Saddle Bag Crash Bar, Screaming Eagle Exhaust, Chrome extra wide Touring Rack, Factory upgraded Chrome Steel Lace Rims, Factory Installed Security System.

Optional: H-D Studded Signature Series Seat w/Backrest $530 new.

Garage Kept and in Excellent Condition!!!

Contact James at 989-343-6841 or [email protected][

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I'll give you $700 cash for it right now.

(Sorry, I've been watching too much 'Pawn Stars')

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I'll give you $700 cash for it right now.

(Sorry, I've been watching too much 'Pawn Stars')
The highest I can go is $750. Cash money. LOL. I too watch too much Pawn Stars.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Did you talk to your buddy about consignment?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey All, had to pass up on a very good deal on a 11 XC because I have not sold my 2008 Harley Heritage-105th Anniversary Edition

The problem with this story is, if you are trying to sell your Harley because you want to buy a Victory, you must like the Victory better. Therefore, why would anyone buy your Harley rather than taking the money they would pay for your Harley and buy a Victory? If you want to replace your Harley with a Victory (which you obviously believe is a better motorcycle) then you are going to have to price it so low that people will buy it anyway, even though you yourself want to sell it to buy a Victory. I hope you can see my point.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Why not do like I did.Keep the HD and buy a Vic cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, thanks for the offers, but...um no thank you. Yes Gibson, Insurance and Plates are a killer of owning two bikes, have done so for years, but also the fact that one bike usually just sits there most the time. Ammo umb, yes I talked to my bud about co-signment, right now they have a lot in the stock and on consignment, so said for me to wait a month and he will get me in there, be better time to sell here in Mi. anyways. But Thanks again guys. Later-

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
You got it posted on cycle trader Red Ryder?? Just curious, see a fair amount of bies move through there. That's where I found mine. Just food for thought.

Best of luck and lookin forward to your post of your new Vic. thumb up

Tim

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey All, had to pass up on a very good deal on a 11 XC because I have not sold my 2008 Harley Heritage-105th Anniversary Edition

The problem with this story is, if you are trying to sell your Harley because you want to buy a Victory, you must like the Victory better. Therefore, why would anyone buy your Harley rather than taking the money they would pay for your Harley and buy a Victory? If you want to replace your Harley with a Victory (which you obviously believe is a better motorcycle) then you are going to have to price it so low that people will buy it anyway, even though you yourself want to sell it to buy a Victory. I hope you can see my point.

He has a good point.
If I was looking at used Harley's and seen yours at $16 900 and go to a Harley dealer and see a brand new 2012 with the 103 motor that retail's at $17 349.
That's a no brainier, for just $449 more I can ride away on a brand new Harley. That's the way most people will look at it.
Now add to that, most Harley dealers will deal on new bikes now , 4 years ago they wouldn' do that....Good luck.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Plates and insurance are a killer any more..
I know I have 2 trucks 2 bikes and a Jeep.INsurance aint bad but in IL $400 in plates suck but I like my toys:D aint got a wife so heycheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, no Tim I don't have it listed on cycle trader, yet. Just have ran it on Craigs list, and few bike sites. Next week probably list in local papers.

As far as buying a new 2012 for a few bucks more than my 105th edition is Not comparing apple to apple. It would be like saying the XC and XCT are the same, but the T is a few hundred more. The Standard 08 Heritage was $15,999, while the 08 Heritage 105th Anniversary Edition was 19,999.

I will run across another good deal on a XC, have seen many 11 XC between 14000-15000, and 10 XC as low as 12500. At this time I am not Willing to give my bike away. It is hard when you go from a cruiser to a tour, then back down to a cruiser. Of course with my broken back I might end up someday going to a trike. Anyone seen a XC or XCT in a Trike yet?

If I hit the lottery tommorow I would keep the Harley and buy a XCT, and ..., and.... only can wish. Later-

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
No dude no trike yet but there has to be a first. Hopefully you'll win the lottery so you can get the bike you want and trike it when your back gives up. You can't let back problems beat you into quiting riding! I have a partially fused neck and at least 4 discs with multi buldges and tears (last MRI was 3 years ago and I hurt my back a couple of time since then).

Seriously good luck getting what you want for the bike; I really want to see you posting on here that you sold the HD and bought your Victory!

Keep in mind that accessories don't mean much when you are trading a bike but help when you are selling one. Thankfully you are realistic; I've seen many people in the past that have put a $3000 stereo system in a $1000 car and think the car is worth $4000 -- hated to tell them they still had a $1000 car with a nice stereo that they should sell separatly. Same logic may work with your bike; list it with different prices for stock and with accessories. If a buyer wants to buy it stock then piece out your accessories so you can get closer to what you paid for each item.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Ammo umb, I imagine someone will make one of these XC into a trike, probably look kinda cool. I have thought about taking all the accessories off and offering it for cheaper that way, thanks for reminding me. But also felt someone would pay the little extra to buy with all thats on it. Guess time will tell, but I would diffently take everything off before trading it to a dealer. With my back, well like you have had multiple problems and still riding, but do worry about when adding a trunk, that extra weight makes all bikes a little more top heavy. That is the main reason went to the Heritage, just could not feel confident with Momma on, and loaded down, to top heavy for me. Their is only 50 lbs more weight on the XC compaired to Heritage, but someone that has little usage of back muscles which you know, makes a hugh difference. But, I do appreciate your comments, we have a lot in common. Oh, by the way, man did I really like my V*1100, what a great bike, with surprising amount of room. Later-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts