Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed vm1 dr cams, torque tubes, IAV, PCV with map, thor on 2010 vegas.
Fitted new plugs rechecked elec conn,s front cylinder not firing, only rear cylinder. pump ok and primed and front spark plug sparking. Any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Recheck all of your electrical connections while using the manual. In particular check your fuel injector connection and ensure it is fully seated. You should hear it click. Once you've check all the connections, check them again. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replies thumb up
I swapped rear cam first, TDC locking pin, loosened cam sprocket bolt,
remove pin rotate to access other cam sprocket bolt, remove cam bolt, rotate to TDC, lock, remove cam sprocket bolt, tensioner, sprocket and swap cams. Buttoned up cam cover on. Removed front cam cover, front TDC, lockin pin, loosen cam sprocket bolt, remove pin, rotate to access other cam sprocket bolt, remove bolt, TDC, lockin pin, remove bolt, sprocket, tensioner, swap cams, button up.
:(

·
13,177 Posts
First off take a meter and see if your getting power to the rear cylinder. Check plug wire with meter to see if its good.
Check all electrical connectors.
Most auto stores rent compression gauges

·
Registered
755 Posts
First off take a meter and see if your getting power to the rear cylinder. Check plug wire with meter to see if its good.
Check all electrical connectors.
Most auto stores rent compression gauges
Rear cylinder works. Front doesn't. He has spark so wire is good. My guess is issue is fuel related. So I agree with PhilC, check the injector connector.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Take the PCV out of the system and see what happens. If it does the same at least you know you its not the PCV. 30% failure rate on them things.thumb up

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re-connected all PCV, still the same.
Removed PCV put back to standard connections, still the same.
Gonna have a look at timing again :(
Let you know:confused:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Take the plug wires off and turn it over. Then pull the plug and see if it has fuel on it. If it has fuel on it. hook the plug wire back up to the front plug and ground the threads to the head or cylinder to see if it is firing. Then trouble shoot based on witch one is the problem. If both are working you need to recheck the timing on the front cylinder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re-connected all PCV, still the same.
Removed PCV put back to standard connections, still the same.
Gonna have a look at timing again :(
Let you know:confused:
Pull plugs the one that is black is the cylinder that is not firing. Check the cam timing on that cylinder.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Timing is sorted i was 180 out on front cam :eek:
Wont idle, soon as i let go off throtle it cuts out.
Air leak? any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
A leak at the tt gasket would be the same as if you took the air filter off and started it. If you took the throttle body off I would check the tubes that run to the head. If thats not it I would take a video and post it so we can see what it is doing.

You said it will run if you give it gas but do you have to give it a lot or a little. When it dies at idle does it run ruff and then die or just shut right off.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A leak at the tt gasket would be the same as if you took the air filter off and started it. If you took the throttle body off I would check the tubes that run to the head. If thats not it I would take a video and post it so we can see what it is doing.

You said it will run if you give it gas but do you have to give it a lot or a little. When it dies at idle does it run ruff and then die or just shut right off.
woodrow, not much on throttle to keep it running.
just shuts right off.
thanks for replys thumb up

1 - 20 of 23 Posts