Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who used to have a Victory Cross Country Tour but for reasons I don't understand traded it in for a brand new Harley. Well. he has had it less than 1500 miles and he has had it towed to the Harley shop at LEAST 5 times. For various non start issues. So Tomorrow I am helping him trailer it back to the dealer ( about an hour away) to give it back to them. And we are doing it during a Harley Open House the dealer is having.. lots of food etc. LOL.. I am planning on wearing my Victory shirt as well.

:ltr:

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
...and somehow....its Victory that's out of business :|

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...and somehow....its Victory that's out of business :|
well Harley survives on their marketing.. mostly from all the apparel. Victory had a very crappy marketing campaign.

·
Registered
233 Posts
well Harley survives on their marketing.. mostly from all the apparel. Victory had a very crappy marketing campaign.
But they got a hell of a bike!! Just had a good friend of mine sale his street glide and bought a 2011 Cross country that has the truck on it from the local HD dealer. He walked away with a 2011 with 28K miles for 7k even. He blames me for getting him away from HD, we swapped and he and his wife rode mine for a bit one day after that he started looking. Heck his wife did not want to back to the SG and we were less than 50 miles from his house.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I test rode several Harley's.. and none of them 'fit' me. and my wife hated riding it. and she is a small woman. I dont see how some of these 300 pounder women ride them. LOL

·
Registered
238 Posts
This. I had a very extensive conversation about this with Lloyd when I went there for my dyno tune. We talked about how Victory was going through marketing managers like hot cakes. In the end, it was their downfall.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This. I had a very extensive conversation about this with Lloyd when I went there for my dyno tune. We talked about how Victory was going through marketing managers like hot cakes. In the end, it was their downfall.
Well I think they need to get rid of their CEO. I actually grew up with the family of the CEO of Harley ( Ithaca, NY). This guy as i remember him was a dweeb. I never remember him on a bike that was not pink. Now he is their CEO and i saw a pic of him with a Leather Jacket ? really ?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I never remember him on a bike that was not pink. Now he is their CEO and i saw a pic of him with a Leather Jacket ? really ?
:ltr:dance 1:clap:

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am planning on wearing my Victory shirt as well.

:ltr:
The question is how many HD riders even know what Victory is? Ive had several come up to me asking "what bike that is your riding" even though the Victory emblem is clear as day.

·
Registered
56 Posts
HD sells the "Lifestyle"...A couple of the HD guys I ride with admit that their bike was a downgrade from their previous non-HD bikes. But they...wait for it "Always wanted a Harley". HD has mastered marketing...but not much else. My $0.02.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
HD sells the "Lifestyle"...A couple of the HD guys I ride with admit that their bike was a downgrade from their previous non-HD bikes. But they...wait for it "Always wanted a Harley". HD has mastered marketing...but not much else. My $0.02.
Seems to be what matters.. Long time rider of HD's myself. A lot of us who rode them but were not thrilled with having to re-purpose them in to reliable, fun, performance motorcycles, used to say that HD was best at figuring out how to stay in business. I always felt it was too bad they didn't put an equal effort into building great motorcycles.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Code:
Yea...it must have been a bitch to find someone that could actually sell a real quality product :rolleyes:...not something business people are used too these days

·
Registered
754 Posts
I ride with a large group of Victory bikers and two of which had CCT's traded them in on HD's right after the Polaris announcement. They like their new RGU and UG but do say they are a little cramped on them with their spouses. We are all meeting on the Columbia River is two weeks to compare notes on how the new bikes are performing. Both admit that the new 107 is very nice but still feel their old CCT's could still out run them. They also told me that they turn more RPM's on the highway on the Harleys than they did on their Vics.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
love to be there

i would enjoy your delivery + if i were close would ride my Hammer in!!! HD knows how to sell bikes but not build them!! to each his own but many riders buy HD for their vast dealership as they are there for the repairs they WILL need!

·
Premium Member
8,938 Posts
The question is how many HD riders even know what Victory is? Ive had several come up to me asking "what bike that is your riding" even though the Victory emblem is clear as day.
Illiteracy is rampant...
they can only read the words HARLEY DAVIDSON
anything else just don't compute.

And really who cares?

I've de-badged mine to further confuse them:devil

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
debadge

i remove many emblems + unnecessary junk from cars + bikes for the clean look + easy cleaning, but gotta keep the Vic tank emblem on just because, i do like it removed as well but can't have both! if one fell off prolly remove the other + not replace. kids say thats a nice bike is it a harley, duh!!! read the emblem + as noted many cool aiders not much better

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
We are all meeting on the Columbia River is two weeks to compare notes on how the new bikes are performing.
When and where BD? I wanna be there too. That's my back yard, ya know.

·
13,177 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts