Reactions: RICZ

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
Did you buy a freaking Indian?

·
Premium Member
14,115 Posts
Good for you DP. With the reliability and high mileage you've gotten from you XC; it's easy to understand why you would buy one of these.

Did you trade in your XC?

If I were in the market for a new bike I would consider an Indian with the new water cooled engine. I'd have to get over some anger I have for Polaris but I don't see myself going back to Harley unless it's an old one for occasional local riding.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good for you DP. With the reliability and high mileage you've gotten from you XC; it's easy to understand why you would buy one of these.

Did you trade in your XC?

If I were in the market for a new bike I would consider an Indian with the new water cooled engine. I'd have to get over some anger I have for Polaris but I don't see myself going back to Harley unless it's an old one for occasional local riding.
I kept the XCT. It is still an awesome bike, but the Challenger is something to behold. Hard to believe, but it handles significantly better and it is quite a bit faster. It also has some pretty sophisticated technologies.
Now, on any given day, I just can't decide which one I should ride.

Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I kept the XCT. It is still an awesome bike, but the Challenger is something to behold. Hard to believe, but it handles significantly better and it is quite a bit faster. It also has some pretty sophisticated technologies.
Now, on any given day, I just can't decide which one I should ride.
Sounds to me like a very good problem to have.

Reactions: depot picker

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
Reactions: vindex1963

·
Registered
2014 Cross Country
305 Posts
I test rode a Challenger in July. It's a pretty amazing bike. A little too costly but handled great!

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I test rode a Challenger in July. It's a pretty amazing bike. A little too costly but handled great!
That's my impression exactly. I loved the bike when I rode it, and it's got a lot of great stuff, but I don't want to pay that much for it.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
A used one will likely be a LOT cheaper in a couple of years.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
A used one will likely be a LOT cheaper in a couple of years.
Yep. I'm planning on taking a look at what's available used a few years down the road. I never buy motorcycles (or cars for that matter) brand new from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
You are a smart man. Motorcycles in particular are a good deal to buy used. There are usually a TON of them out there with very low miles. Someone with more money than sense and time buys a bike thinking they will ride it and then does not.

Reactions: NAB and otab

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,083 Posts
Yup I'm counting on a nice used Challenger or maybe something better when I get tired of the XCT. :)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I have two friends with Indian Roadmasters. That would be the equivalent to a XCT (bags, fairing, hard lowers, and trunk). They like them a lot. I find the saddlebags surprisingly small but then, I am comparing them to the XCT which as the largest saddle bags ever :)

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,083 Posts
Yup looked at Challenger and those small saddlebags stand out. Missed opportunity but I understand not creating multiple saddlebag sizes.

·
Registered
2014 Cross Country
305 Posts
Yep. I'm planning on taking a look at what's available used a few years down the road. I never buy motorcycles (or cars for that matter) brand new from the dealer.
Same here. I'm thinking 2023 there should be a couple good deals out there.

Reactions: BBob
1 - 17 of 17 Posts